Universal newbie trip report! Anything we know we learned right here

This fake snow is not coming out of my hair! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Yes! I do love it though. The puppetry is really good!

Oh no! I bet they had a strong opinion about that!

Love it!! :laughing:

1 Like

I have seen two shows, but one I’ve seen far more often than the other.

1 Like

Thanks for the intel! It was an excellent show.

We rode Minions again and made it to the last Sing It show of the day, which was fun. But we went straight from there to Bourne Stuntacular. We arrived at 2:59 for the 3:00 show, and weren’t allowed in because we “missed the preshow.” Rude. All the street shows have been running about five minutes late today, but Bourne cuts off five minutes before showtime? Now I have to choose between that and the holiday parade. I won’t be back anytime soon, so there’s no re-do.

• Bourne Stuntacular
  • Holiday Parade

0 voters

You can’t catch the 4:45 Bourne and still catch the parade? Maybe you have an early dinner res.

The Bourne Show is not to be missed! It’s unique! You’ve seen a parade before

2 Likes

Opps!!

I’ve never seen the The Fountain of Fair Fortune story. I’ve assumed it was a myth! I’ve seen the Three Brothers show so many times! I’d love to see the other!!

6 Likes

Opposing opinion: I think the Bourne show is just noise and flash for the sake of being noise and flash. It’s a step above F&F, but of the 2 I’d choose F&F because at least the F&F pre-show and queue is worth seeing.

If you can get a spot at the end of the street next to the Tribute Store (like, where there’s a road to nothing) that’s an excellent place to see the parade, and you get to see the tree lighting there too.

Correct :wink:

Touring Plans average (adult) ratings are 4.5 stars for Bourne and 2.5 stars for F&F.

1 Like

Walked to MiB. It was down. Walked to Diagon Alley to watch Celestina Warbeck. At the precise time the show was supposed to start, there was an announcement it was canceled. I’m having no luck this day.

3 Likes

Sorry things are going south. Hopefully the rest of the day will be better.

No, there are two of them and they alternate, so that can help you to figure out how to catch the other one. The three brothers one with the deathly hallows is the better one from what I recall but I haven’t seen em in years. We still catch Celestina but the puppet show hasn’t warranted more than three viewings.

parent fail LOL. I realized I had never had my son watch Top Gun when the new one came out. :woman_facepalming: I feel like a failure of a parent!

2 Likes

They used to alternate b/w the hallows and some other one (remembered…fountain of fair fortune)…do they not alternate anymore?

1 Like

Ha! I had a huge list of movies to watch with SWMNBN before this trip, but we only got to half of them. The other kids are too young for a lot of movies on the list.

3 Likes

It’s 7:44 in Citywalk and a clock just struck 10. Anybody know what that’s about?

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

After some discussion, SWMNBN opted out of one of the things she wanted to do today (I don’t even remember what) so we could do both Bourne and the parade.

Bourne was NOT AT ALL what I expected! I thought it was going to be more like the horror make-up show, only with stunts. Tricks and secrets behind the movies. Nope! SWMNBN loved it that much more.

I was glad we did the parade. My chances of ever getting to see a parade of this caliber elsewhere are effectively zero. The performers were all having so much fun.

After that we stopped by guest services. Some folks suggested we ask for passes after our 2+ hour wait yesterday, and after getting turned away from four different attractions today, SWMNBN was all in on that plan. They’re hooking us up with some passes for our last day, which won’t be until Friday.

We watched the full evening spectacular tonight. It was super cool, even though it felt a bit like a talent show for people with extreme resources. I can sync a fireworks show with a pop song! Well, I can project heartwarming movie clips on a wall of mist! But I can make the rainbow fountains interrupt your movie clips!

8 Likes

That’s the clock tower at Antojitos. It rings/chimes at random times. We were wondering too and finally figured it out.

3 Likes