Universal is suspending operations on attractions

Due to low attendance it is being reported that the following attractions at UOR will temporarily close on August 9:

A Day in the Park with Barney
Fast & Furious: Supercharged
Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
Poseidon’s Fury
Storm Force Acceleration

Some TMs will be reassigned to other positions while others will go back on furloughs / layoffs.

(F&F and Poseidon are headline attractions while the other 3 are basic “spinners” for small children)

RUMOR - It is speculated that this is a stop gap measure before possibly closing the park a couple of days mid-week each week. (Tues, / Wed.)

1 Like

Wow! While I can understand those not being popular, I can’t believe it’s so quiet they may have to close some days! Though I read @Wahoohokie’s report and it certainly matches what she experienced.

1 Like

Well…wow. We are going to arrive just in time, I guess. Poseidon’s Fury I’ve never done, and was excited to try it. But we’ll be done at Universal by Aug 7.

I’m glad our trip isn’t any later.

4 Likes

It’s not great but worth doing once.

That’s all I need…once! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Uh oh! I don’t like the sound of that! We have a trip early December. Hopefully crowds will pick up by then. (Never thought i’d say that!) We have never done F&F, and DH has never done Poseidon… we don’t care about the others though.

I LOVE it!! However, I’m a big fan of Jungle Cruise / Stunt Shows and this is what it is. (The story is a bit odd, but the effects are pretty cool!)

2 Likes

F&F is truly awful and your life will be blessed by not riding it. But if you really want to, I hope it’s open for you.

4 Likes

Haha, that is what i’ve heard. But then my Mom was there and tried it. She said it’s a much better ride in the front. So i’m up for trying it at least once.

1 Like

The parks were absolutely dead, so I am not surprised. We rode/visited none of those attractions. Avery actually commented that she would rather stand in the heat and do nothing than ride F&F again (we have ridden it twice in the past, which is 2 times more than we should have ridden it, it really is bad).

2 Likes

F&F has become “cool” to hate on. Is it a great ride? - No. It’s basically a clone of Kong Skull Island (Although Kong is 100x better)

People complain about the aspect ratio & projection issue on F&F. If you just let that go and enjoy it for what it is and if the queue isn’t long it’s a romp. (In it’s defense Soarin’ has projection / warping / aspect issues too & very few ppl hate that anywhere as much!)

3 Likes

I am a believer in trying everything once.

4 Likes

Yes, especially since we will have Express Passes. It won’t take much time out of our vacation.

We had express pass but still waited forever for F&F, no idea why because there didn’t seem to be many people ahead of us, possibly it was down for a while. That definitely coloured my experience, but if I’d walked on I’d still have hated it. Not because it’s cool either - nobody would ever accuse me of being cool :joy: DS15 also hated it and I’d say he was pretty much the target audience.

2 Likes

That’s what we thought :joy: We waited about 45 mins. Longer than the standby for practically any other ride in the park. I hope you have a shorter wait. And all your other waits will be short at least.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it must have broken down for you. At least, that’s what I hope!

1 Like

Sorry to come here and just tell you these rides are rubbish! Of course that’s only my perspective. If your expectations are rock bottom, you will probably be pleasantly surprised.

4 Likes

Yes, very low expectations. LOL

2 Likes

Same here, express passes did not save any time on F&F. I wouldn’t mind it if it was a walk on, but since it is not with express, we will avoid from now on.

1 Like

If you are really cool you can get in the VIP entrance and walk on! (Single Rider! :rofl:)

9 Likes