Universal is suspending operations on attractions

DS16 is also the target audience and loves the movies, he doesn’t want to ride again either. I really realized how bad it was the other day after we went to the Bourne Spectacular, which showed that UOR can make an excellent attraction in a similar vein to F&F.

4 Likes

Yeah… The Bourne Spectacular looks amazing!!

I am a big fan of the F&F franchise that probably gives me a bit of prejudice. (Like the ride, they aren’t great creations, but if you suspend all disbelief they are really fun!)

2 Likes

Bourne Spectacular was absolutely fantastic. It is definitely Universal at their best!

4 Likes

I think Poseidons Fury is bad a$$. Some of the technology is outdated, but some of the effects are still WOW.

2 Likes

I actually think Posidons Fury is pretty good, the water tunnel is super cool.

3 Likes

it’s been years since I’ve been on PF, but I don’t remember hating it.

1 Like

The effects are good I will agree.

1 Like
1 Like

F&F, we liked strolling through the car part displays. Our best friend is a car nut so we’ve absorbed some of that. If we’d ever had to stand in one place it would have been annoying. Once was enough.

To call F&F rubbish is a compliment! :laughing:

1 Like

Because my family is a big fan of the F & F franchise, we truly enjoyed the line. None of us enjoyed the ride.

4 Likes

I feel that way about Transformers!

F&F is definitely not something I will ride every time. If I’m walking past it & there’s no wait I’ll jump on it about half the time!

I defend it because people really trash it & a lot of them haven’t even been on it. :laughing:

IMHO - It’s just trendy for a lot of ppl to say they hate it. :wink:

Don’t get me wrong I would prefer Disaster was still there. I really love those kind of behind the scenes movie making rides! I still miss Catastrophe Canyon too!

5 Likes

Disaster was fun!

Oh, really? Hmm. I want to be trendy!

Ahem. “I think F&F is really horrible. The worst. Pointless to even bother looking at the ride, much less ride the ride! And anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.”

There. Am I trendy now?

(Although, I do intend to ride it because…well…I never have.)

3 Likes

I love Disaster! We only were able to do it once before it closed, but my son was chosen to be part of it, so it has a special place in my heart.

2 Likes

Twister wasn’t great but it was imersive in its own way. The tortured dialog in the pre-show was almost worth it! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I never got to see Twister!

100%

It’s really not that bad. The line is interesting, if you’re into that sort of thing. The pre-shows are cheesy, but they’re fine. The first scene is, well, OK, it’s kinda awful, but the main event is pretty cool. I liked it. I got into it.

And to the whiny people who whine about it because they’re sick of screens, UOR has just given you Hagrid’s, which is awesome, and it’s about to give you the new Jurrasic World ride. Both rollercoasters. Happy now?

Ugh. You people.

6 Likes

That’s how I felt about Fast & Furious, though probably because one of the live people in the pre show was funny enough that I don’t regret us doing it. Poseidon’s Fury I actually enjoyed but wouldn’t feel the need to do it every visit if we were repeat visitors. I’m sad that Universal is struggling financially – I have no idea when we’ll want to go to Florida again (I want the US-Canada border to stay closed for non-essential travel until the end of the year, at least), but I wish the pandemic hadn’t made another trip impossible.

Have a great trip, @ryan1!

2 Likes

I don’t feel that way about F&F :joy: I do hope attendance picks up at all the parks, WDW and UOR, I don’t want to see CMs losing their jobs. I’m actually surprised by how quiet they are.

4 Likes