Universal Addict is Back For More (wrap-up)

I have a 15 year old so I should be locking it up…but you’re obviously smarter than I am :rofl:

Also, funny story, DS’s first taste of whiskey might have been at Universal a couple of years ago. In the hopes that he’d hate the taste of “all” alcohol and never try it again.

I agree with you on all the icky tastes of scotch, which is why we usually stick with Macallan. And I usually don’t mind the peatiness (sp) if I’m pairing it with a good cigar. Otherwise it’s like licking an ashtray.

3 Likes

Yup, lock it up! Just sayin. We always have one bottle of vodka in there and I noticed it was low one day when it wasn’t locked. She wasn’t smart enough like me where I’d pour water in there. :wink:

With my parents they just had tequila for margaritas. They weren’t big drinkers. But I can imagine them slowly over time thinking how weak the margaritas were getting.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: I am impressed!

3 Likes

Sharing here @darkmite2 ,I heard that Hagrid’s SR is not always a good idea. Here’s an example:

8 Likes

Interesting for me it’s always worked (25 min or so waits if memory serves me right when it was posted 120) I wonder if the secret got out.

5 Likes

I believe Larry’s is at the left near the entrance, in the far back of Wave Village. But here is the info on the shade structures:

5 Likes

Thank you!!!

4 Likes

Yes it usually isn’t bad, but with any attraction with only 2 seats across, there is a risk. The general advice is that attractions with more than 2 seats in a row is always a shorter wait in SR, with basically no risk.

5 Likes

Good to know! Thanks!

6 Likes

Yes! Those circled in red at tbe bottom are my favorite. Easy to find, get shade all day. The only “downside” is there are speakers in the area. I sit ibthe spots closer to the gift shop/ lockers where the speakers are about 10 chairs away.

Far enough to enjoy the music and still nap!

5 Likes

Yea…Hagrid’s is such a gamble at single rider. Last night I saved 30 minutes. Other times I have waited 30 minutes longer than standby.

I always have that sinking feeling that I have made a mistake when I get in Hagrid’s SR. However, sitting on the stairs in the SR queue makes the wait better on a long day!!

5 Likes

Rode everything at VB multiple times, except Krakatu. (I did it once mid-day)

It has a 220 minute wait now.

It was a another great day at Volcano Bay.

(I did get that second cocktail! I can now say I’ve had every drink on the menu again. They are all good! )

9 Likes

I stayed at VB a little longer than expected…it’s that much fun and relaxing. Plus, DW could tell I was homesick a bit.

She laughed, told me to have fun and reminded me how hard I work.

There’s no good way to get from CBBR to Portifino for my Mama Della’s “redo” dinner. I don’t want to arrive all sweaty and disheveled again so I am paying the $10 for an Uber.

10 Likes

She’s a :dizzy:

7 Likes

Do you pocket your phone for Hagrid’s or leave it in a locker? If the former, and it’s not an inconvenience, can you try and take photos of the new set up at the SB/SR merge point so I can get my head around all the bike/sidecar chat? I can’t picture how it could have changed.

4 Likes

I am trying to picture it too. I thought it used to be like EE.

2 Likes

I got everything 100% packed and ready for departure tomorrow.

However, I left my charging cable & backup battery at the hotel. That’s fine… I was debating going into HHN later than usual and get my last minute shopping done. Now, I can do that on the way back to the hotel.

3 Likes

If I die and get to heaven…

(although…I may not since I steal motorbike seats from people :rofl::rofl::wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::innocent:)

I hope these mussels with pancetta and pesto are waiting on me. I also got an old fashioned that is cookie dough whiskey, peanut butter Bourbon and banana liquor.

It’s so yummy! It will sneak up on you…I have been sipping it slowly while I eat… this is the can of cocktails I like. I can’t do straight liquor! It’s got to taste like a dessert!

Everyone is being over the top nice… it’s sweet, but I am a little self-conscious. I explained that I had a good time last visit, but I was disappointed. They are all very nice about it and making me remember why I looked forward to this meal pre-trip

The opera singer is close by! I can’t wait for my serenade!

13 Likes

The question is…is DW Larrysick? :smile:

Good call :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

She is! She loves the quiet around the house, but without DD or me it is a bit empty!

7 Likes