UnderLoved Disney

Sunday, working on prepping dinner. Watching Disney+. I settled on Bolt, which DD25 flagged for me years ago as a Disney treasure we don’t watch enough.

What are yours? :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Emperor’s New Groove is an underrated gem that I only saw for the first time a few years ago. It was pre lockdown so 4-5 years ago probably, and I watched it twice in a week. And several times since.

Atlantis and Treasure Planet I remember being really good when I saw them in the cinema with DS28 but nobody ever really mentions them and I haven’t seen them since.

11 Likes

I agree with Emperor’s New Groove.

Atlantis and Treasure Planet are good too.

I will add the Tinkerbell movies, particularly Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy. I thought they were going to turn these into a backstory that would link to Peter Pan. They started adding in Peter Pan characters, but then they seemed to abandon them. It was a shame. I enjoyed hearing Tom Hiddleston as Hook :star_struck:

8 Likes

Bolt and Emperor’s New Groove are some of my mostest favorites ever ever ever.

8 Likes

I’m now going to watch that for dinner clean up and pre-sleep tea time :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

My kids love these ones.

2 Likes

Answering myself, another DD25 is Brother Bear

5 Likes

I’ve never seen any of the Tinkerbell films.

2 Likes

It was your love of ENG that made me watch it!

4 Likes

I’ve never seen that either.

2 Likes

I liked them all (maybe with the exception of the Neverbeast one).
They had some great voice actors in them.
And some of them were new right around the time DD was the ideal age for them :woman_fairy:t4:

4 Likes

It really has some funny scenes.

3 Likes

Somewhat cheesy: Sky High

And of course, Flight of the Navigator.

Emperor’s New Groove was much watched by youngest grandson while the kid was all into the Tink/Fairies movies. For a brief minute there was an online Fairies game.

5 Likes

The Good Dinosaur. It was DDs favorite when she was little.

3 Likes

This is my oldest favorite Disney movie so it got a lot of play in our house.

I can’t heart this. I really did not like it :rofl:

My addition is Meet the Robinson’s. We love it and watch it a few times a year :wink:

8 Likes

People do not like that movie. But DD really didn’t like any movies when she was little and she watched that one over and over, so it is very senitmental.

The next movie she watched repeatedly was the Greatest Showman, then Moana. And then she started watching lots of stuff…

4 Likes

These I can understand :grin:

3 Likes

Love this one!

4 Likes

I agree with this too.

If we’re also including non-animated then I would like to recommend the Descendants movies (X3), especially the third one and also the Disney Zombies movies. They were all surprisingly good :+1:t2:

3 Likes

DD is in a class called “Showtime” they are putting on Descedents the musical which apparently steals songs from all 3! She is Cruella!

I like #2 the best.

3 Likes