Ugh another 2-factor identification process

This makes me worried about trying to use the app if they use 2fa for MDE.

Having pre-paid Genie+ I’ll be seriously pissed if I can’t get in to book passes. Let alone not being able to change park reservations, check ADRs etc.

1 Like

So far that isn’t the case though right? I can’t see them doing that. It would be a cluster pluck!

2 Likes

No its not- I am 100% speculating as the original email mentioned the Disney OneID… I disliked when they did that too…makes me nuts- I use certain emails for certain things and like DVC vs shop disney…shop disney originally went to my junky email account now my main disney email is clogged up with advertisements…

1 Like

Yep! It’s so frustrating. I work hard to keep my incoming mail clean. I hate having 30 -40 new emails to look at first thing in the morning.

Sooo just tried. No option offered but email.

another stellar job by Duhhh-sney IT. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Really? I had the choice of text or email.

Solidifying this statement even more.

Tried both computer and phone, 2 different networks. Both Email only.

1 Like

Just curious are any of your Disney OneIDs accounts have “home” phones are landlines listed instead of a cell?

Nope, all set to “cell”

Nevermind. I see you said it’s updated.

There’s apparently a verification step you also need to do. These steps were posted over on Mouseowners

Steps to enable texting as an option for 2FA:

1. Log into dvcmember.com. You should already have an email address linked to your account, and will have to look for the 6 digit code to arrive via email.
  2. Once logged-in, click on “My DVC” (upper right) then “My Profile.”
  3. Click on “Contact Information.”
  4. Confirm that a cell phone number is listed under Phone Numbers. Add the cell phone number if necessary. Then click “Save.”
  5. Using a web browser, go to mydisneyexperience.com.
  6. Log in with the same username and password utilized for the DVC site.
  7. Under the My Disney Experience menu (upper right), click on “Profile.”
  8. Click on “Account Settings.”
  9. If necessary, enter the same mobile phone number listed in the DVC account. Underneath the phone number there should be a link to “verify” the number. Click that link.
    10. A SMS text message should be sent immediately. Enter the 6-digit code to verify the cell phone number

Once this cell phone number is verified, it should be presented as an option whenever logging into the Disney Vacation Club website.

3 Likes

why do they have to make everything so difficult?

3 Likes

Because. That’s how vacation planning should be. Utterly frustrating, confusing, and complicated!

3 Likes

For a company that wants all the monies, they sure are making it hard for me to give them money. #business101

4 Likes

Ah, yes. I had verified my phone number first.

Sounds more difficult than it is, but it is to ensure someone doesn’t put in the wrong phone number, etc.

The amount of complexity for this matches some of the complexity I use regularly for other services. Actually, this is easier than some of those.

1 Like

that did it. Coulda swore I already did it before, but I was either wrong or had to redo it.

I now get the option.

4 Likes

It’s not the complexity of it, per se. It’s the fact that we have to learn which hoops to jump through from other members. The instructions they provided did not provide the info we needed to actually accomplish getting a text instead of an email.

3 Likes

Agreed-

Call me a “boomer” but I kinda miss the days of calling up Walt Disney Travel Company booking my room & dining package and then just showing up to enjoy my VACATION!

2 Likes

Oh, yeah. I agree with that.

1 Like

This was my experience too. Far prefer text but only have email. Looked for a choice but don"t see it.