Typhoon lagoon experts needed

We are thinking about a day at the water parks next week. It’s been so long since we have been to Typhoon Lagoon. Any tips? Which slides build lines the quickest? Best food?

1 Like

I had a thought about this too but DD is not a fan of the water park at KI so not sure how she would like it there. :thinking:

3 Likes

We’re likely to go in two Fridays so am listening for tips too! I was really surprised to see how little it has compared to VB. Not hating but just surprised!

2 Likes

I am going in June. Here’s what I have found:

Bring water shoes for the wave pool.
Humanga Kowabunga is known for giving wedgies

And their touring plan

2 Likes

my 14-year-old isn’t the biggest fan of big slides but she will like the wave pool and lazy river. I think your daughter is around her age. If she decides she wants to go, we could always plan for the same day and they could hang out.

4 Likes

Yes she would love those things too!

2 Likes

Best advice. Cabana.

4 Likes

I looked. They aren’t available

Sadness.
Miss Adventure Falls and Crush N Gusher are the lines that build the most in our experience. So go first thing or late in the day.

4 Likes

They also have h2o glow nights while we are there but then I’m limited to 3 hours.

1 Like

I thought you could get in two hours before the event.

I just checked and you are correct that I can get in at 6.

1 Like

I will need all the details and hacks once you have them :joy:

1 Like

I was at Typhoon Lagoon in march right after they reopened. My friend and I felt like there were a lot of shady nooks that were available for free without renting a cabana or umbrella. My suggestion is to keep walking past the beach with millions of chairs and further in are some great quiet spots. The slides were fun… we were definitely among the oldest of the sliders though. We skipped the one that is a straight drop and the others were pretty tame. We shared chicken tenders and donuts and both were good. The bathrooms were constantly being mopped and cleaned which I appreciated. Definitely worth a visit!

4 Likes

Was it just the two of you? I wondered how some of the bigger raft rides worked with just two people?

One other question, how lazy is the lazy river? Does it have a nice current to carry you through? Or do you have to work?

2 Likes

It was just the two of us. We were paired with another couple on one water coaster. Slightly awkward but my friend is super friendly and made everyone feel very comfortable. Like I was trying to tuck my legs in tight so I didn’t touch the legs of the other people and my friend said, “Relax. We are all friends now. We are going to touch each other and it is fine.” And it was fine.

And the lazy river is just right. No need to work. Shallow enough for most to put their feet on the ground (unlike stormalong bay), plenty of floaties, generally very relaxing. I imagine on a more crowded day it would bottleneck in spots.

4 Likes

Also! I bought a waterproof phone pouch which I didn’t use (but it’s super cute) and a travel safe as pictured below. Happy to pass the safe along to someone in Nashville area who could use it.

3 Likes

That’s cool. We actually have a lounge chair small safe bag as well! I don’t think we’ve ever used it though. :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you! It will.just be me and my DD so.I wondered if they would put is with someone. Good to be mentally prepared! I have been to DLR solo many times where rhey have a ton of single rider lines. I figure it will be like that, but in bathing suits :grimacing::joy:

The lazy river sounds perfect!!

1 Like

When we did BB they put our family of 4 with a dad/daughter on the family raft ride. We ended up spending the whole day with them. It was so much fun.

2 Likes