Typhoon lagoon experts needed

I’ve been stalking the page for cancellations and finally snagged a deluxe cabana! I’m hoping to push the date out a little bit if cancellations occur, but it is a start!

6 Likes

Nice! What date?

1 Like

So far the only opening was your arrival day, 5/23. What time do you guys get in that day?

2 Likes

We don’t come until the 24th. :pensive:

1 Like

It would be nice to meet some other families or kids

2 Likes

Had an amazing first time there three weeks ago. If I went again:

Book an umbrella in advance. It’s costs about $99. I didn’t know about them and they were sold out when we arrived.

Or, go rope drop and score some free shade right around here. There’s a cluster of trees with overhang that stay shady most of the day.

Also: water shoes. The smart people wear water shoes and don’t burn their bare feet on the concrete. We were not the smart people :unamused:

2 Likes

Was there any food you would recommend or would stay away from?

1 Like

Touring Plans notes the following:
Typhoon Tilly’s is the highest rated QS restaurant, serving shrimp, fish and crab cakes. The other place to try is Lowtide Lou’s, serving wraps and sandwiches, plus tabbouleh and stuffed pretzels. Otherwise, the places aren’t fancy but you’ll find plenty of them (kid-friendly options such as chicken strips/fries.

5 Likes

Ouch. I cant imagine walking barefoot anywhere. Sorry that happened.

2 Likes

We’re vegetarian, so not very many options. We were very happy with the vegetarian hot dogs at surf doggies. Elsewhere was a lot of fried fish, crab and shrimp. Check out the menu at Leaning Palms. Looks pretty good to me.

Also, my kids (DS10 & DD7) absolutely loved the wave pool. We had to drag them out of there to go do slides and when time to leave. Not sure the ages of your group, but perhaps something to keep in mind.

3 Likes

Thanks, we did ok. We ended up wearing our flip flops around and stashing them in bushes before getting in a queue. I was surprised not to see more people doing this, so am not sure it’s appropriate etiquette. Also, a bit risky.

2 Likes

I am just discovering that Volcanoe Bay has shoe racks. Looksike Disney should do that too. At Aulani shoes were stashed everywhere.At Atlantis I hude my shoes like you did.

3 Likes

Thank you for this information!

2 Likes

Hi! Wondering if I can bump this up for any recent intel? I think we are going to give TL a try on October 24 if the weather works for us. In 2022 we wanted to try BB but the sun didn’t cooperate. We have a “free” ticket thanks to our convention tix, so it’s pretty low stakes. DS8 and DS6 who can swim decently well.

I’m on the fence about renting the lounge chairs. It seems like a good value at $49 but if we do plan to rope drop, it sounds like it’s not really worth it?

Should we just Lyft/Uber? I hate the idea of transferring buses. (We will be at the Poly.)

Thanks for any other tips/advice!

1 Like

Definitely uber both ways. The transfer at Disney springs is painful. You well save yourself 45 minutes.
There are usually plenty of chairs at rope drop.

3 Likes

The wave pool is no joike - I would consider lifejackets for DS8 and definitely DS6. But man, the kids in that pool were having a blast
The trick for the chairs is to keep walking. I stopped too early. Keep going counter clockwise around the wave pool until you get to a huge area of chairs.

2 Likes

Is this the area that you have circled in your picture @amsterdad ?

2 Likes

Is the height requirement for Crush 'n Gusher 48" for all 3 slides? Including the two-tube slide?

1 Like

Yes. Here’s a photo of the sign at the entry to the group (found online). You will have to carry your own tubes up the many stairs.

1 Like

Ok thanks, I guess DS8 and DH can ride this one together and maybe I will do Mis Adventure Falls again with DS6.

2 Likes