Two contracts, one trip

I know this has been discussed before…but…I’m asking again! :slight_smile:

Let’s pretend someone obtains two small-point contracts for the same resort, same use-year.

Can a single trip be booked by combining points from both contracts? (I should probably not just say “one trip”, but “one reservation”)

3 Likes

Following up…I asked the sales rep for the resale contracts this question, and she confirmed that it is no problem booking a single reservation using points from two contracts…particularly from within the same use year.

This is good news because…we just had our offer accepted on two 25-pt. BWV contracts!

7 Likes

Wow! Congrats! I am so happy for you.

2 Likes

Nice! Hope you got a good price. :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Nice.

1 Like

$125 pp!

3 Likes

Amazing price! Are there points soon? What UY?

1 Like

Dec. UY.

Between both contracts, there are 90 points available through November 2024, because there are 40 pts banked into 2023 from 2022.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! That’s about as good as I got for my 150 point contract a few years ago at SSR. Must be a good time to buy.

Yeah, we paid $127 pp for SSR 120 pt contract around the same time you bought yours.

1 Like

Congratulations! You know I am on the small contract team. And those contacts should be able to be used interchangeably.

1 Like

I thought I read somewhere that you could merge 2 contracts together that had same UY, End date and home resort.

I’m not sure about this one.

1 Like

If I can just book the same reservation from two contracts, then I guess I see no reason to combine them into a single contract, even if it were allowed. Comes to the same end, I suppose.

2 Likes

If they are under the same membership - same resort, same use year, deeded identically - then you can take points from both for one reservation.

If anything is different, then you’ll have two memberships and you would have to transfer from one to the other to combine the points for one reservation. Both sets of points would retain their home resort and use year.

2 Likes

Maybe this is what I’m thinking of. You can use them as “one” without having to transfer or make seperate reservations.

1 Like

The process is moving quickly! The contracts were listed as available two nights ago. Yesterday morning, I contacted them before they opened expressing my interest. Within a few hours, we made an offer, which was immediately accepted. (Apparently, we were the first ones to express interest out of several more shortly after me, so I was the winner of the race!)

All the paperwork has been filed, and we’ve made our payments for both contracts…and as of a short while ago, I got notification that the contracts have been submitted for ROFR!

The sales rep said that Disney’s ROFR process, recently has been as little as 2-3 weeks, but she said the entire process averages 60 days. So…by mid January, we should be able to book our first trip!

I don’t actually have enough vacation time to go…so my wife came up with the grand idea of us going in early September, but I bring my work equipment with me and I work from the room during the day, and we spend evenings going to HS and/or EP, etc. Since I already work from home, this is really not a problem for me to do at all! (My wife is SOOO smart.)

8 Likes

Good news, my ROFR waiver took 7 days. I made my offer 14 days ago and they are preparing the title search and closing documents now.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s really fast. I’ll hope for the same!!!

Buying a DVC contract is like cocaine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I need more!!! :rofl:

2 Likes