TTA People mover is reopening this weekend!

From Jeff Vahle’s Instagram

On a recent trip to Magic Kingdom, I stopped by to check in with the Engineering team overseeing the refurbishment of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, previously called the “WEDway PeopleMover” when I first rode it as a teenager. Thrilled that this team has it ready to delight a new generation when it reopens later this weekend!

Story from WDW Magic:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tomorrowland-transit-authority/news/23apr2021-tomorrowland-transit-authority-peoplemover-to-reopen-this-weekend.htm

16 Likes

GAH! Why not two weeks early?!

Guess I’ll catch it in June

3 Likes

Great! Now do Space 220

2 Likes

You just want to unjinx your trip :wink:

1 Like

they could probably build an actual restaurant in space faster

13 Likes

We will believe it when we see it! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like
2 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes

@ryan1 Are you going to pop in to ride next month???

This is exciting!! Love seeing everything opening!

2 Likes

OMG why is everything opening literally right after I was there?

1 Like

5 Likes

Headed to MK next week and haven’t had it on our radar since we knew it was shut down…so, it’s a ride? Worth adding to our TP with 2 adults and 3 kids (8-14)?

1 Like

Ryan is going next month?

He’s going to UOR. But he has that AP so he could pop in, just without the fam. This might convince him to do it!

4 Likes

It’s a nice little sit down break that moves. It’s not particularly exciting or anything, and we never rode it until a few years ago when I took youngest DN while my sister took older DN on Space. She wanted to keep riding (she was about 3-4 at the time), so we all went when they finished at Space and older DN (probably 9-10) said “Well that was nowhere near as stupid as I thought it would be.”

3 Likes

thought he’s been planning a May universal Trip with possible Epcot pop ins? Might be mistaken!

1 Like

Riding it at night can be magical

5 Likes

Riding when the lights are on inside of Space Mountain can be a great experience.

5 Likes