Tropical Storm Elsa forms could affect Orlando next Tuesday (Now a Hurricane)

Ha ha

Too bad they don’t name storms after men because then maybe Kristoff could work it out.

2 Likes

Beginning in 1979, they started naming storms after both men and women. Here is the list for this year:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

Ana
Bill
Claudette
Danny
Elsa
Fred
Grace
Henri
Ida
Julian
Kate
Larry
Mindy
Nicholas
Odette
Peter
Rose
Sam
Teresa
Victor
Wanda

1 Like

But K is Kate and duh you’re right….hurricane Andrew.

1 Like

Elsa won’t let it go, she is now a Hurricane.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT5+shtml/021222.shtml

@vcka What are they saying locally? Looks like the storm will weaken as it gets closer to Orlando.

4 Likes

I was just reading about this.
“Elsa”, how appropriate! I suggest that all hurricanes heading towards WDW are named after a Disney character.

On a more serious/selfish note, omg, I really REALLY hope I don’t have to cancel my trip next week (again).

That just looks like your normal every day Florida forecast.

3 Likes

Maybe. But he is a bit of a fixer-upper so I wouldn’t bank on it

1 Like

Insert incredibly naughty language here

Looks like my flight on Monday should make it in before the winds hit late Monday/early Tuesday.

Is it wrong to hope we get another Dorian and everyone bails and we get some nice low crowds?

3 Likes

The main problem with Dorian was he screwed with the airlines. They were on and off with their flights so much some folks just canceled or postponed their trips.

Hopefully Elsa stays on track better.

Don’t most hurricanes arrive later than earlier expected?

2 Likes

And it. Was. Glorious.

Except when it killed the night-hours. Then it sucked. But having a relatively empty park, without Covid, was amazing.

6 Likes

It really depends on the track the storm takes so no definitive answers. If it hits land/DR it will slow down, break up. It also needs to SLOW down to really build; it’s mph is still a bit high to sit and soak up warm water and develop further. So again, basically the weather next week all comes down to Elsa’s exact track. That’s what they are giving us now.

1 Like

Ha ha

1 Like

On Saturday we will have more definitive answers. It’s moving at 30 mph which is way too fast.

2 Likes

Here’s a new article that’s fitting with the current forecast.

“Can I get a refund if I can’t go to Disney because of bad weather?”

“What happens if a hurricane happens when I’m already at WDW?”

3 Likes

Boy, I hope it misses Puerto Rico. They’ve barely caught a break. I’m not happy to see Haiti right in the line of fire.

4 Likes

I agree w/ you! If it continues to move at the current speed it probably won’t become more powerful. A cat-1 is better to deal w/ than higher, of course being down graded to a tropical storm would better too.

1 Like

12 Likes

Not only were the parks awesome, toll road was free with the only traffic being utility and semi trucks.

Tropical Storm Elsa: Central Florida remains in cone of uncertainty as tropical storm watch issued for Keys

Elsa was downgraded into a tropical storm Saturday morning as it plows through the Caribbean with its sights set on Florida, the National Hurricane Center said. The storm is carving through Haiti Saturday with projections placing it just south of Key West Monday night with possible landfall near Tampa Wednesday.
Read the Latest

1 Like