Tropical Storm Elsa forms could affect Orlando next Tuesday (Now a Hurricane)

The good news is that is not projected to reach hurricane strength.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#Elsa

2 Likes

Like 7/6?

Yes, it is currently projected to be just west of central Florida on the morning of Tuesday July 6. Not as hurricane but a Tropical Storm.

1 Like

Craptastic.
Okay thanks for the heads up!!

2 Likes

Hopefully my flight in on 7/5 will remain unaffected. I’m ok with a storm as long as I make it to the World first!

3 Likes

Same. Get me down there and I can figure out how to deal with it, but let me get there first.

3 Likes

Wow. 6 whole posts and not one tie into frozen yet.

I’m so proud of you guys.

9 Likes

Let it go.

16 Likes

Why do you need to ruin everything?

6 Likes

I’ve been 14 times without a scare of really bad weather. If it’s just tropical storm in west florida will Disney still open? Of course 7/6 is my one HS day. Maybe it will scare everyone off. I’ll be BG 1. Lol :joy:

4 Likes

Still too early to know but Monday could be tricky for airline travel

I’ve only seen them weather-related close for hurricanes - and strong ones at that. Obviously if there is lightning and/or high winds rides might close temporarily. But unless it blows up into a major hurricane, I don’t see them closing the parks.

1 Like

Hopefully it’ll stall for a bit. Or, better yet, dissipate.

2 Likes

Right now it’s just rain. Formation of more threatening weather will be determined over the next few days

2 Likes

The projected path of the storm takes it over Haiti and Cuba. The more time is it over land the more likely it is weaken.

Disney has only closed for hurricanes, usually pretty big ones at that. This storm right now looks pretty mild in comparison.

Here are the hurricanes that have forced Disney World to close:*

• Hurricane Floyd – early closure on September 14, 1999, partial day closure on September 15
  • Hurricane Charley – early closure on August 13, 2004
  • Hurricane Frances – closed on September 4-5, 2004
  • Hurricane Jeanne – closed on September 26, 2004
  • Hurricane Matthew – early closure on October 6, 2016, remained closed on October 7
  • Hurricane Irma – early closure on September 9, 2017, remained closed on September 10-11
  • Hurricane Dorian – early closure on September 3, 2019
5 Likes

Water temps will effect development too… I’m surprised Andrew isn’t on that list :thinking:

1 Like

Did not notice that.

I guess Andrew’s track was enough south and then west.

1 Like

literally the first thing I thought of and there were no posts!

2 Likes

Ha ha. I was just thinking how ironic it is that a storm called Elsa is going to hit WDW. Maybe Anna will save them (but then A’s come before E’s in storms).

2 Likes

Ana was a disappointment as the first storm of this year.

2 Likes