Tron Watch 2022/2023 Plus WDWRR!

I would plan on it not being opened and then be pleasantly very surprised if it is :grin:

6 Likes

I’m also hoping it’ll be open for my early-December trip. I’d give even odds.*

* Based on no more information than you have.

4 Likes

It’s looking more and more possible apparently. Although of course Tron was also meant to be easy to open before Christmas too at one point.

But I would eacho what @ThorKat said, don’t set any expectation and :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

5 Likes

Indeed! :joy:

1 Like

Wasn’t GOTG summer, and opened in Spring technically?

I’m hoping for AP previews in the February time frame :rofl:

3 Likes

On The Disney Dish today, Len covertly announced that AP previews should be in March 2023 with general opening in April. He was very coy so not sure the source or certainty.

8 Likes

So we are calling you Disney cop now? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I feel like I read this somewhere before

1 Like

I’m back with my weekly updated pics of. Tron construction. @bioreconstruct only had three pics on Twitter

![image|577x366]

(upload://vDJFg0sZOTR359Gm0gtQQmdwAQ5.jpeg)

The world’s slowest sidewalk crew continues, Tron is starting to resemble the Jungle Cruise and hopefully the sidewalk closer to the gift shop goes in a bit quicker

7 Likes

I love all the foliage!

3 Likes

I was just going to ask why all the trees? Isn’t this supposed to space related?

2 Likes

More like cyberspace? Either way, it makes no sense, but looks nice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Also WDWNT.com had a story last week with a lot of pics Unfortunately the writer didn’t know a lot about construction. There’s several new pallets of sack concrete and a small mixer on site. A lot of protective material has been placed to cover existing pavement as they fill in the spaces and gaps. More wooden concrete forms are being added as prep for pouring additional concrete. Hopefully we will see results this week.

Looking at DOT information about pedestrian crossings there needs more work done to get the path across the tracks level with the pads on both sides

More progress on the train tracks, concrete pads have been poured on both sides of the track. There are two identical devices sitting on each pad (one looks installed, the other still waiting). I looked on Google and they are Pedestrian railway crossing signals

6 Likes

I don’t know. I had previously thought there was hope they would try to open the train sooner than later, based on recent progress and the CM training going on…but now I’m having doubts on that. I’m starting to think they are just planning to do a spring opening on the train as well, same as Tron.

It is pretty clear from that work site they aren’t ready to even start running the train over in that area yet…and they won’t be able to open the train until the CMs are well trained on the entire course, particularly given the fact there is a walkway they have to cross there.

3 Likes

This is a picture from a month ago when the last track was laid down. You can see there was what looks like conduits for the signals installed. There has been slow but continuous work there for the past month. If they keep making progress this small amount of remaining work should been done in relatively short order. Relative to overall Tron time

3 Likes

:laughing:

Which is a really different measure of time from Real Time

8 Likes

Since the beginning of October work has in relative comparison advanced pretty quickly. More budget available in the new fiscal year?:person_shrugging:

To compare. Early August

Late September

3 Likes

That wall looks kinda wonky.

1 Like

Agreed that wall needs some serious help

2 Likes

Another WDWNT report. Looks like Stucco time

That’s one way to improve the walls

3 Likes