Tron Watch 2022/2023 Plus WDWRR!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

More Tron testing captured by DFB on Instagram.

Disney Food Blog on Instagram: "🚨 ALERT ALERT ‼️ TRON TESTING 🚨 in Magic Kingdom today! Y'all, when I finally get on that lightcycle...it's game over. 😤 Swipe for construction updates too! 🚧"

5 Likes

FWIW on the latest Disney dish Len and Jim discussed latest guesses/rumors on when the train and Tron might reopen/open. Possible that train could be back by Labor Day and that Tron could be Thanksgiving or by Christmas

4 Likes

Watch it be the week that I’m there (week before Tgiving) :weary:
Not that I’m not excited for it to open. But I’ll be with DD whom I can barely convince to ride Barnstormer and SDMT so I’ll have to suffer the crowds with no benefit if so.

1 Like

This could pose to be problematic for our trip.

I could see why Disney would want to have the added capacity available for the Christmas crowds…but since everyone and their brother will want to ride it, it means it will prove difficult to get on. Now, when ROTR was using BGs, I was able to snag an early BG three times, so perhaps if it opens during our trip early December, I’ll be able to get a BG or ILLS for it, whichever they offer.

5 Likes

Could be a blessing as long as you can land a MK park reservation on the days you want. If everyone else is in a line you don’t want to be in, the rest of the park may be relatively wide open for you…

1 Like

So I might get a Train in September? It’s been so long, I kinda forgot MK had a train :rofl:

…I was hoping for Tron.

4 Likes

I’m hoping to!! :smiley:

3 Likes

WDWNT has a very detailed update on Tron work on its website.

The train track is now extended to the end of the tunnel

The last few hundred feet remain to be completed till it can connect over by Space Mountain. The pictures are from the people mover. The other side of the train track ends there. Good to see the concrete wall separating the train from the Tron walkway is pretty much complete

6 Likes

To clarify…the train track isn’t installed to the end of the tunnel. The track is in the tunnel off to the sides. What looks like track there is actually what will support the ties (presumably) and then the track.

Regardless, it is definitely a step closer.

3 Likes

One very small step further…

I still think October 1st :grin::crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

They could do it if they wanted. But with all the construction they have left to do on the exterior walkway and train, etc., we’ll be lucky if it opens before New Year’s.

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Clearly, it is going to be a boring ride…

4 Likes

I dunno

He looks kind of dreamy-eyed, doesn’t he?

I don’t see bored. I see swooning.

8 Likes

They seem to be sitting more upright than I thought. That’s a positive for me, I was concerned about being hunched over the handlebars.

2 Likes

Oh but gosh that’s exciting!!!

3 Likes

I predicted the first week of December 2022 a couple years ago… Let’s see!

5 Likes

I see ‘Offline… again.’

5 Likes