Tron Watch 2022/2023 Plus WDWRR!

Progress on the MK railroad tracks is happening!!

5 Likes

How exciting!

5 Likes

ISWYDTā€¦

Iā€™m not disparaging anyone in any way because Iā€™m equally excited, but how sad are we that weā€™re this excited over like 3 feet of railroad track in a week??

5 Likes

They had the tron vehicles outside, near the speedway (2020) that you could sit one and try. And if they are going catch speeds up to 60 mph those will have to secure tightly. Iā€™m thinking of FoP and that they might not be pooh size friendly.

2 Likes

Ha! I did not until you pointed it out. :joy:

2 Likes

After hearing Len predict Dec. 1, 2022 for Tron this week, Iā€™m so frustrated!! :rofl:

This is THE ride Iā€™ve dreamed about for so longā€¦ (I followed along with Shanghai construction & opening!!) My Disney trips are typically during that week, as it is my birthday and crowds are low after Thanksgiving / before Christmas break. I cancelled my 2022 WDW trip a long time ago because Tron construction was so far behind!! :cry:

I am at Universal Dec. 5 - 11th. I may seriously stay through Sunday to go MK for this - even if itā€™s the only ride I do the entire day at MK and wait 8 hours in queue. (at least Iā€™d get a great night ride!!) Otherwise, Iā€™m not ā€œscheduledā€ to be at WDW until 2024. I guess weā€™ll have to wait & see!! (My DW will hate me!! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

This was taken at After Hours the week before Covid shutdowns. I found it rather uncomfortable on my kneesā€¦

6 Likes

Yes, those are the ones. I canā€™t find my pic, thanks for sharing. I canā€™t imagine traveling 60mph on that :flushed:

after cooling off a couple daysā€¦ even if it is open while Iā€™m at Universal it makes no sense to spend $500 to stay an extra day just to go to MK.(especially if itā€™s opening week and everyone is there!) It hurts my heart, but my mind knows itā€™s for the best. (Besidesā€¦who knowsā€¦ it might open earlier or later and all this is pointless debate!! :rofl:)

6 Likes

Hereā€™s your weekly Steam Train/Tron Train Track Update (STTTTU?) courtesy of @bioreconstruct on Twitter

6 Likes

At this rate they should be done in 2057

4 Likes

Then it will be done just in time for the opening of Tron :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Touche

2 Likes

By then Tron will be real life.

5 Likes

Bear in mind there probably wonā€™t be standby at first. A VQ and ILLs would be my guess for a couple of months.

3 Likes

I am hoping that by December the VQ will be done since that will be over 6 months. If the deluxe nights stay the same, I am hoping to standby it then.

2 Likes

My brother could not go on FOP and he tried out the sample seats they had for the ride back in early 2020 and did not fit this either. (He was 6ā€™4ā€, over 300lbs - for FOP they could not get it to lock on his calves - heā€™s since lost weight, so maybe next time he goes heā€™ll fit)

Now that I have a September trip planned - Iā€™m really hoping for mid-September AP previews.

1 Like

ohā€¦ Iā€™m surprised w/ his ht and wt it didnā€™t work b/c I know someone much shorter w/ similar wt that rode itā€¦ but I guess it depends on where you hold your wt too. I remember being on FoP once and a very thin woman was complaining loudly to the CM about hurting her w/ the calf locks and questioning why they needed to be so tight. I know it really hurt my bad knee to ride it.

I hope your brother can ride the new ride and FoP too. I really thought FoP was amazing.

1 Like

Itā€™s a height and shoe size thingā€¦

My youngest is 6ā€3 and 275- it doesnā€™t lock on his calves if he has sneakers onā€¦ @meekomist We actually carry a pair of cheesy Walmart flip flops specifically for FOP- the less of a sole the better.
He says it is still uncomfortable but itā€™s a pretty short ride and convenient for Kali River Rapids

2 Likes

I honestly donā€™t remember it being uncomfortable at all. I donā€™t remember how it locked on though. It was less awkward than FoP for sure, at least according to my recollection which letā€™s face it, is fuzzy at best. LOL All I remember is how awesome it was. It was very smooth and the lying down like on a motorcycle (well a sport bike version anyway) made the ride experience unique and fluid. It was really really fun.

*Edit: Also they had one row on some of the trains that was normal seats for people who couldnā€™t do the motorcycle seats.

4 Likes