Tron Watch 2022/2023 Plus WDWRR!

Yes. Precisely.

I’m still perplexed…my cell phone doesn’t show any missed calls from Disney, so I’m not sure why they aren’t calling me about these things!

2 Likes

Also, now with the “updated” plans for Epcot, I think the Moana thing will be opening for that and most of the plan (if not all) should be done by the 40th?

I mean, it’s mostly planters and a stage now, right? Not exactly time consuming construction

2 Likes

And reassembling a building they demolished for (now) no purpose :laughing:

2 Likes

You implying Disney wasn’t planning this the WHOLE time?

3 Likes

I’m so disappointed with the “modified” plans for Epcot. I had high hopes when they were supposedly reimagining Futureworld. But now, it feels, once again, directionless. And…okay, so, people complained there wasn’t enough shade/trees? So they decide to turn the entire epicenter of Futureworld into trees? Yeah. Like I’d go to ANY park for a tree! (Ahem…well, except that ONE park for that ONE tree.)

3 Likes

I just want to say, regarding the Epcot situation: I’m extra pissed that they destroyed the Fountain Of Nations now.

I had to get that off my chest.

6 Likes

Now you’re just rubbing salt into the wounds.

2 Likes

As it’s been stated elsewhere. Fountains are expensive. Planters are cheap. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We posted at almost the same time. I’m assuming Fountain Of Nations was implied in your stated disdain.

1 Like

Yes it was. :frowning:

1 Like

That’s odd. I thought there was a real lack of merchandise. There were reports of nothing being available and everything being homogenised.

1 Like

From what I saw at end of April there was a ton of stuff all over.

2 Likes

I’m sure initially that was the plan. And then at some point, during the closure or reopening phase anyway, things seemed to switch for some reason.

However now they seem to be throwing manpower at Tron, so I’m hopeful for the Thanksgiving / Christmas period.

Word is they want it open before Splash goes down for annual maintenance in January.

2 Likes

There’s a stage ……… a covered stage at that. What more do you want?

I’m still gutted about that demolition. Those buildings had so much potential, even if Innoventions East is now just food, drink and shopping.

The front of the park looks gorgeous. The rest is just sad. Even when it’s finished it’ll be a disappointing reminder of what it used to be.

And don’t get me started on the Fountain of Nations. :cry:

3 Likes

Maybe they’ll move the middle Harmonious barge on land into the middle of World Celebration as the new fountain! :wink:

2 Likes

If it gets it off the lagoon then I vote yes.

Let’s have several of them and call them the Fountains of Nations.

3 Likes

To be fair, he was preempted by a once-in-a-century global catastrophe. :joy:

I actually like this. Future World has plenty of buildings, mostly brutalist concrete. It needed something organic. I’m excited for the Moana area and the park. It will make it a little more pleasant to walk toward World Showcase. And they can focus on bringing more interesting things to the remaining buildings.

But I am super disappointed in the loss of the fountain.

1 Like

The Moana area is a great addition, and brings enough greenery. But the space in the middle of it all? No. The loss of the fountain, and instead a planter with trees scattered about? So…what, exactly IS World Celebration? I haven’t a clue any longer. Bringing trees into that area tells me nothing about what we are celebrating.

2 Likes

Like…a character meet and greet, a stage, an eatery, and a shop?

2 Likes

I won’t be able to make a judgment for how the area works thematically until I see it. But conceptually I like trees and water features better than concrete buildings.