Tron Watch 2022/2023 Plus WDWRR!

Assuming it’s the same track as Shanghai, Tron is fantastic. Where it loses points is with how short it is. Both front car and back car are great and give different experiences.

4 Likes

DD sent me this after she got to work this morning!

I’m less than 12 hours away people!!:grin:

9 Likes

That’s your spot, right?

6 Likes

I wish!!

3 Likes

Keep your eyes peeled and your camera handy!

4 Likes

Employee of the Month?

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: the CM service night was this week and I was thinking it would be funny if I could make it to 5 years without ever being scheduled!

15 Likes

Is this going to be like that dream where you realize 5 years later that you never showed up for class and then you can’t graduate because you got a failing grade? :joy:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl: maybe

2 Likes

It’s today!!!

5 Likes

Please give us a full review ( I know you will ). I have to determine if I have to go back this summer for Tron and HEA.

3 Likes

Im breaking my self imposed ban and going April 15 -23…We have 6 park day tickets and we booked MK for every day and bought the park hopper in anticipation of this being the rule…WE usually dont pay for hopper but figured this would be the best way for this week

4 Likes

Anyone know the answer to this (at least with other newly opened rides)?

If I have a park reservation for MK, can I make my VQ or ILL at 7 AM (for ILL later than 2 PM), then switch my park reservation to a different park? Then hop over to MK after 2? Is this allowed?

3 Likes

I think @Jeff_AZ did this recently with GotG and Epcot?

4 Likes

Yes. I call it the Hokey Pokey.

7 Likes

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/uncensored-unleashed-a-group-trip-report/91853/3261

Make sure there are APRs for the other park before doing this.

3 Likes

Or the Hokey Parkey?

7 Likes

That’s what it’s all about :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I rode Tron!!!

Here are my thoughts. I will blur in case you don’t want spoilers.

I loved the ride, it’s a thrill! I can’t wait to see what my Tron loving DH thinks about it. I’m going to watch the movie again before my next ride to see if I catch other details.:grin: finally getting to walk through it and hear people screaming was fabulous!! It’s beautiful! And this is already my favorite spot

It does have some cons though :worried:

It’s short. DD looked at me and said “that’s it?” I was sort of expecting it because I’ve heard the one in Shanghai is short.

The restraints are uncomfortable. Maybe for those younger and in better shape than I am won’t have an issue. But my rib cage hurt for a while after and my lower back is hurting hours later.

They are going to need more of the regular cars. I thought every train had them but ours didn’t. We saw 2 people not able to ride on the bike. There were about 10 people waiting for the regular cars.

I don’t think the general public is going to understand the boarding process. Everyone riding today is an MK CM and even they had a few issues. This is going to make loading take a while.

The person on the furthest bike has to walk behind the row to load from the other side. There was nothing exposing this before we boarded.

13 Likes

Apparently the Shanghai version is 2 minutes. That is shorter than Space Mountain (3 min) or BTMRR but it is longer than Incredicoaster or RNRC (1min 20sec). I’m not sure how that compares directly given acceleration time and any other non-thrill segments.

4 Likes