Trip to KI

Argh. Diamondback shut down shortly after I got in line.

Instead, met Snoopy!

Graeterā€™s was a bust. Shake machine broken. Lights are coming on.

Wait. Wait. There was a Graeterā€™s right near our hotel. I got my shake! Time for bed.

3 Likes

Viking Fury with the pirate markings still on the stern?

Happy Anniversary! Too funny I was just there on Wednesday and crowds were low. I rode the Vortex and it was rough.

I donā€™t bother with Vortex any longer because it is so rough. I used to really enjoy it.

I havenā€™t tried this yet, how was it?

Mystic Timbers? A lot of fun. Great ride, but overall feels short. Wish it were longer based on the wait.

1 Like

Will have to try my next visit, I have a Gold Pass this year, but I donā€™t have another visit scheduled.

Btw, this trip, my wife and I are trying out a few things for our longer Disney trip. One of them is thisā€¦metal collapsible straws with a carrying case.

Worked nicely, and the silicon mouth end is nice for comfort and safety.

5 Likes

We rope dropped today. Walked on Diamondback, Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster twice, before a 10 minute wait for Mystic Timbers. Also did Beast again. Eating lunch now.

2 Likes

Viking Fury again and now Flight of Fear (like RnR).

Iā€™ve been to the ā€œsister parkā€ Kingā€™s Dominion, but never this one. Some dayā€¦

1 Like

The park looks good. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve been since cedar fair bought it. Looks much nicer than when paramount owned.

MY SD19 and her boyfriend went this summer. MY DS5 isnā€™t tall enough yet for most of the rides, so we are waiting until next summer. We did Holiday World this year.

The Viking Fury at Canadaā€™s Wonderland is how we figured out that my DS7 canā€™t handle repeated lurching drops. Iā€™m still not sure if he was actually or just nearly sick in the bushes near the ride afterwards. And the Mine train coaster looks very similar to CWā€™s ā€“ he lost his rather snug hat on the first turn of that one (and enjoyed the ride except for that), but we filed a lost item report and got the hat back 2 days later.

Happy anniversary!

Thanks.

We are having a good time. The heat is the troublesome factor, so we have been limiting our time. We left at 1:30 or so to go back to the hotel for a nap. Next we are going to dinner, then will head back into the park mostly for atmosphere and a snack. It is our last day. We drive back home tomorrow.

1 Like

I hope it cools off a bit for your last evening!

Awww Holiday World! Great water park! Also whoo hoo for the all the day beverages and sunscreen!

1 Like

Many years ago, our family went to Kingā€™s Island. Last night, we all got a snack as the sun set and I discovered Graeterā€™s and their amazing chocolate shake. Loved it.

Three years later we went back. I couldnā€™t wait for my shake. So, about 30 minutes before the park closed, just like before, we got snacks. I went into Graeterā€™s. They wouldnā€™t make me a shake because they had already cleaned the machine. I was a little annoyed. Park hadnā€™t closed yet.

So, two days ago I went to Graeterā€™s, about 4 years after that last incident. I went more than an hour before closing time to avoid the issue. Got up there and ordered. No shakes. Machine wasnā€™t working. (ended up going to a Graeterā€™s not in Kingā€™s Island)

Yesterday, end of the day, my wife and I were going to get a snack. Went to Graeterā€™s this time to get a sundae. Hour before closing. They said they canā€™t make a sundae. Why? They already cleaned out the hot fudge.

Seriously? This just super annoyed me. So we left without snacks.