Trip report J18X

For 40 years I have thought Pink Floyd was talking about chocolate or vanilla pudding at the end of Another Brick in the Wall… when they were talking about any dessert in general? Too funny.

1 Like

Yep pudding and dessert are interchangeable here.

Reminded me, it has. This mug, I have.
Wake up like this, I do.

7 Likes

I’d love to learn all the tips you have! And would love it even more to bump into you whenever it is we find the space in life to go :wink:

1 Like

I’m going to jump on the “you should go to Disneyland” bandwagon.

We have been visiting WDW for years. While we more recently had a number of years w/o going, dd was there 7 times before she turned 9yo. I’m a big fan and I have infected my kids.

Last year, instead of returning to WDW we opted to visit Disneyland for the first time…and I LOVED IT!!!

The connection to Walt and all the legacy attractions is just palpable. Dd and I took the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour and really enjoyed it (Walt’s apartment over Pirates is very cool!). Cars Land was amazing and we were lucky to be there just a few weeks after Guardians of the Galaxy opened and my Marvel loving family was all over it. We will be going back at the end of December and I can’t wait!!

3 Likes

The thing about Disneyland is - more flying. And the @profmatt has indicated great disdain for this mode of Travel.

Does anyone have a tardis he could borrow?

(Edited: See? I listen)

12 Likes

Yeah, I know… Ds and I had a long chat about it and he said it was worth flying to get there.

I’m hoping this holds true. We’ve had to go economy and I am not looking forward to that part of it. I don’t travel well as is

Walt was in the process of building a more spacious & luxurious space for himself over Pirates when he passed. His apartment over the Fire Station in Town Square still remains (and is what they currently offer in the Walking in Walt’s Footsteps Tour- not sure if it was when you went specifically)

The space above Pirates for years was the Dream Suite (place in the park where celebs, contest winners could spend the night at Disneyland) but now has been converted to a super exclusive VIP dining experience described here

3 Likes

I don’t, but who here can make this a reality so we can give @profmatt his next trip of a lifetime?? If anyone can, I’m sure it’s a Liner.

4 Likes

Okay, enough lamenting… how happy was your dog to see you? Where’s the pic or him jumping on you as you dropped your bags in the front door?

3 Likes

We saw the Dream Suite then… This was last summer. We weren’t allowed to take pictures, but they took one of us in the sitting room.

I found the picture. When I posted it to FB I called it the Royal Suite.

9 Likes

YES! He should just continue with a blog of his every day life!!

2 Likes

Or the adventures of Cobb :grin:

6 Likes

That’s what they call it now! Thank you, I totally blanked. It was the Dream Suite before and when they changed up to do the Royal 21 dining experience (open to anyone who has $15K for it) they went back to calling it what Walt referred to it as-- The Royal Suite. At least that’s what I remember them saying to us on the tour when we did it in August last year. :smile: We didn’t go up into the Royal Suite, but instead the apartment above Town Square.

When we travel that far we do stay two weeks. Last time we had a week at WDW followed by the beach. Next time we are spending the whole time in Orlando. With 2 weeks of theme parks we will generally only do half days with lots of lounging around the pool. Re the jet lag, fortunately we don’t suffer too much, but for the first 4/5 nights we don’t make any evening plans, and the girls and I are all wandering the resort at 5am for the first few days.

Have you looked at Discovery Cove?

1 Like

I’m not jumping on the Disney Land bandwagon as @profmatt loves the planning, even if he changes everything once he’s there.

1 Like

Like almost literally everything, right?!

It was as if it were a study in spontaneity at WDW.

Good takeaways tho

6 Likes

Honestly would contribute to a gofundme just to enjoy watching his planning again :blush::blush:

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like