Trip report J18X

GOTG is my favorite ride, all parks together. I am not even a fan of GotG! But the ride and the music (and even the wait in line) are fantastic. Every ride is a party.

2 Likes

I concur!!!

5 Likes

This is very true for a very many people, my husband & son included. In fact, itā€™s now my sonā€™s favorite ride doing a total 180 from never every riding ToT in DL (he tried ToT out in WDW but never ever once would he even think about it in DL after trying it the first time in WDW, even when it about to close & kept telling him he would never ever have ridden on it).

1 Like

SO true! I do love it now but I think having the ToT still in existence in WDW helps a lot.

1 Like

Yes! This is such a great community.

1 Like

I can see why! I was sad when they announced the change (ToT was my favorite) but they kept the spirit. As someone who has never watched the Twilight Zone, some of the stuff was kind of lost on me.

And the Jackson 5 is my favorite song/sequence!

2 Likes

What does that mean? ā€œIn the US senseā€ that is.

3 Likes

If you say you feel sick in the UK, you mean youā€™re about to throw up. If you say you feel sick in the US, it means you feel generically unwell.

3 Likes

Gotcha.

Either is not good.

3 Likes

Similarly, but in reverse, in the UK ā€œpuddingā€ refers generically to any dessert. In the US it refers to a specific type of dessert.

6 Likes

I say I feel sick all the time to mean generically unwell.

Iā€™d never go for less than 2 weeks, Iā€™d love to do 3. But we donā€™t rest as much as you did - we might sleep in one morning but thatā€™s it.

Again, thanks for taking us along on your wild rideā€¦sorry to see it endā€¦hope to see you hanging out in the forumā€¦:sunglasses:

1 Like

I didnā€™t though. I kept waking up at 6am. Iā€™d get up and write my trip report and shower, get dressed, have breakfast, head off to the parks and not be in bed before midnight.

1 Like

True, but you didnā€™t leave the house at 6.45 to get to the parks for EMH and still not get in bed before midnight.

I seem to recall you not setting off early. Though maybe that was the time difference when I was reading and you actually did.

No, but then I did do DAH and not get to bed till nearly 2am.

Disney holidays should carry health warnings.

5 Likes

They are very tiring.

1 Like

Agreed - have loved following his trip!

Yes this! Both my husband & daughter caught sick on the 2nd half of our trip in 2016 and because of it we have a list of things we must re-do with a whole & healthy party including Tusker House, BOG, most of Animal Kingdom & the best parts of Magic Kingdom.

1 Like

I call her the Yoda of DLR.

2 Likes

Yosemite is in my backyard and I rarely make it up there (maybe after the summer rush dies down). I also highly recommend Sequoia National Park. You ever need tips, I can return the favor :wink: Yoda!

4 Likes