Trip report J188

Wait a sec. Why do you have a picture of that guy in blue, but none of yourself, in that onride photo?

Hey @ryan1, I think we may have the stalker question backwards…

3 Likes

Whoa. That’s a plot twist I didn’t see coming!

2 Likes

Wow. That is the calmest expression i’ve seen on TOT.

1 Like

THIS IS A LEVEL ONE ALERT

I am headed to SDD for my FPP.

It’s OK. I’ve trained for this.

14 Likes

11 Likes

No taking on-ride photos, please.

And why is your Magic Band red? I thought you had a Dooney and Bourke?

3 Likes

I have five. I’m mixing it up.

Nearly had a disaster. Was taking great on-ride photo when my camera slipped out of my hand. Luckily it bounced off some kid’s head and right back into my hand.

19 Likes

14 Likes

You look somewhat unimpressed, @profmatt! I haven’t gone on TOT in forever but I’m kind of excited to ride it as an adult in September…

Also, what do we think happened to that floating hat by the other guy in blue?

1 Like

Brilliant pics!

2 Likes

And some better pictures of TSL compared with yesterday.

13 Likes

As proof that I’m not TOTALLY opposed to on-ride photos (i.e., I’m a hypocrite), I went back to some of my old photos and found these.

The first is my family (I’m taking the photo) posing for a picture we sent to my oldest who was back home taking classes at the University of Michigan.

The second is the me, my daughter, and my wife actually on a ride taking a (gasp) selfie. This is the same carousel ride that Mary Poppins was on, although I couldn’t get her in the frame.

9 Likes

LOVE the Incredible Mr. Limpet :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can we revisit the Dinoland USA conversation from the other day? I TOTALLY get the theme of TSL is “Andy’s Backyard” but something about some of the landscaping seems to scream abandoned lot to me. Couldn’t they have done Bonnie’s backyard or something? At least we know her mom gardens!

3 Likes

ROFL!

2 Likes

You have a picture by your name now!

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re supposed to imagine you’ve been shrunk to the size of a toy. And the cast members refer to you (and, confusingly, themselves) as “toys”. This aspect didn’t really work for me. I just saw me as regular-sized and Andy’s toys as huge.

4 Likes

Well, truth is, I’m a bit of a luddite, despite the fact that I’m a software engineer by trade. It has taken me a while to figure out how to best get a photo I had in Google photos, cropped it, and then uploaded to this forum.

So, yes. I no longer look like an R. The transformation process was rather painful, though.

8 Likes

Am walking back to YC, via the Boardwalk.

22 Likes

To truly pull it off, they would have had to do something akin go the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground where even the grass blades looked huge, etc.

4 Likes