Trip report J188

10 Likes

Every time I see that, my brain first thinks, “Department of Homeland Security”. Which would be a weird place to visit on a trip to WDW!

Have fun.

7 Likes

While I walk two important questions:

1. Do you wear your Magic Band with Mickey facing you or facing away from you.

2. The Swan and Dolphin — is the design (I’m thinking about the sculptures on the roof) merely ludicrous, or is it also tacky and vulgar?

4 Likes

I haven’t worn mine yet, but I plan on wearing it like a watch…facing me. Everyone else can look at their own Magic Band!

3 Likes

Facing me, and I’m not keen on the sculptures at all. I’m not sure if I would go as far as vulgar, but I definitely agree on ludicrous.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the Swan sculptures. They seem, at least somewhat, elegant. But the Dolphin sculptures feel completely off and cartoonish, which doesn’t lend itself well to the rest of the building design.

I can’t make them into anything vulgar, though, even if I try.

3 Likes

Arrived DHS. It’s 9.30am.

Totally normal queues. Zero delay in entering.

9 Likes
  1. I wear my MB with the seal on the outside of my wrist, so that when I look at it (like a watch), I see a right-side-up mickey head.

2. meh. I’m fine with the sculptures on the Swolphin.

3 Likes

I agree…and to be honest while I get that the dolphin sculptures are of dolphin fish…it is a pretty long leap for the random person to get that unless they were told. A better design decision would have been to use a sculpture that more people would identify as a dolphin.

Sorry, that is the information display/data visualization part of me rearing its head!

2 Likes

At RNR. They’re posting a 75 min wait.

But not for me!

10 Likes

Even then, I can’t seem to make them into dolphinfish. As I said, they look too cartoonish…like someone decided to make an animated version of something loosely resembling a dolphinfish.

4 Likes

They’re ludicrously oversized.

2 Likes

Well, since most people would be observing them from a distance, I suspect the sizing of them was intentional.

2 Likes

Nice try. People don’t need to be able to see them from space.

Bagged H&V for breakfast.

5 Likes

This is totally what I think of when I see the Swolphin fish…

(I get that it is an old reference. Check out The Incredible Mr. Limpet Wikipedia site for more info)

13 Likes

1 can’t remember
2 Tacky but not vulgar

Have a great day

2 Likes

Yes!!! You are so right.

1 Like

Totally!

1 Like

RNR done.

I thought of an advertising slogan for RNR — It’s like Space Mountain, only it’s actually good and fun!

7 Likes

Agree up to a point. Unlike Space Mountain, however, younger children cannot ride RNR. Space Mountain, my DS6 was able to ride. And it is still fun…just not as fun as other coasters.

3 Likes