Trip report J184

Well I’ve done it twice this trip already.

8 Likes

Too bad you didn’t see any meerkats. That would have made your day complete (well, except for the kangaroo…although, I believe there is one of those in the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride at MK).

3 Likes

I’m disappointed about this. I REALLY wanted to find out what they would do on the WAT if there were thunderstorms.

Weather reporters. Can’t trust 'em. Not one little bit.

2 Likes

But how rude of those people to stand right in the shot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

#PonchoUpAndCarryOn

1 Like

I bring one every trip, truly has saved my butt from many a hard Disney bench

2 Likes

Indeed. Although, I wasn’t the originating source of that weather information. I was using weather.com (The Weather Channel) and looking at the radar and hourly forecast, both of which indicated high probability of thunderstorms all afternoon.

But I’ve learned my lesson! Don’t trust the weather reports. Which is so unusual, you know? Predicting the weather is usually so precise an endeavor.

That WAT looks like so much fun…except the bridge. That bridge will do me in, for sure. Instead, I’ll live the experience vicariously through you and @OBNurseNH.

6 Likes

Oh yeah — one more thing I forgot to mention.

I visited Pandora last year in late August. The bioluminescence thing at night was a little underwhelming. I got chatting to someone who’d been there on opening day and he said it had been so much better then. Perhaps it had faded or something.

Well, I guess they sorted it out because check out what the paths look like at night. Regular photo, no editing, no flash or trickery.

12 Likes

LOLOL

2 Likes

I’ve been anxiously awaiting to hear about your WAT experience – thank you so much for sharing!!! We have it booked for our trip in August and I’m so excited!

4 Likes

Phew! Bullet dodged. I will sleep better today

4 Likes

Was that all I was holding you accountable for? What about DAH? Or was that my idea?

Oh wait. The Poly. And Kona. They’re both on you.

3 Likes

Your idea. Own it.

Yeah, I’m pretty comfortable with that. It’s genius.

Unless it rains and we have a rerun of MNSSHPgate.

4 Likes

I predict snow. Possibly blizzard-like conditions.

2 Likes

The Magic Kingdom in the snow — can you imagine how awesome that would be!

1 Like

Perhaps a bit like this:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/blizzard-beach/

1 Like

No, that’s weird. It’s like Hogsmeade at IOA. The buildings are all covered in snow and yet it’s over 90 degrees and your brain is like, “something’s not quite right here”.

2 Likes

That would be pretty awesome!!!

Ohhhh, looks like an incredible tour!!

Y’all ate at the same spot when DH and I did the Savor the Savannah tour. (Although we got RAINED OUT HARD!!! So much that I ended up wearing a poncho as a cape with my umbrella!!)

It’s a gorgeous spot! My DH wants to do the Savor the savannah again, but maybe we will do this instead!

Here’s to day 5, May it not be as rainy and no more wind gusts in your photos. :wink:

4 Likes