Trip report J182

What a great day! You still have a second day at Universal planned? Will you change that plan based on what you already experienced?

1 Like

Ok, see THIS is how It happens. Now Iā€™m sitting here with a trip to WDW booked and planned for in NOVEMBER and Iā€™m already sitting here mentally planning a universal trip after that. My younger kids were never into Harry Potter movies, so not interested. Iā€™ll have to force them into it. I want to go. You are So lucky to be able to travel solo!

3 Likes

Amazon

1 Like

Iā€™ve left plenty for myself to do ā€” I only did five rides yesterday. Iā€™ll spend the whole day there on Friday, but I may well have a later start: maybe a pool morning in the house, first.

3 Likes

Where are you heading today?

We waited until the youngest was older (he was 10yo when we went, but 8 or 9 would have worked too) because I couldnā€™t rationalize the increased cost of UOR over adding a few more days at WDW when he couldnā€™t do 85% of the park.

That said, neither kid (older one was 15yo) had read HP before we went although they had seen some of the movies. I made both of them read the first book before we left :slight_smile: The older one had taken not reading them as some kind of badge of courage (but is a reader and loved the Percy Jackson seriesā€¦I kept telling her that PJ was just HP at summer camp w/ Greek Gods!). By the time we left she was in the middle of the fourth book!

They both loved the HP area and enjoyed UOR as a whole and admitted that HP was better because they read the books!

3 Likes

Yes, this! I avoided Universal for years because I was so in love with Disney, but with the introduction of Harry Potter, I decided to try it out and I am now a huge, huge fan of Universal. The detailing in Diagon Alley is something that Disney cannot even come close to. (Though I believe Galaxyā€™s Edge will be their response to Diagon Alley and will probably be amazing!)

5 Likes

Same here!

@profmatt really enjoying your report and pics and looking forward to more

4 Likes

Oh my! Tonight is ā€œthe dinnerā€! Will you take pictures so we can all drool?

4 Likes

Iā€™m not really into taking photos and talking about my day. Iā€™m a very private person.

:wink:

19 Likes

If we all ask very sweetly will you consider the request?

Iā€™m SO relieved to hear this. Iā€™d have hated it if you were one of THOSE people who felt the need to photograph every experience and then post it publicly so as to incite jealousy (ahemā€¦envy) in all.

6 Likes

Iā€™ll think about it.

:joy:

2 Likes

Your pictures are awesome! Your day was awesome! Well done!!

1 Like

Just curious what you didnā€™t like about the milkshake? Too sweet? Not enough chocolate?

1 Like

Too creamy tasting. And barely a hint of coffee flavour.

1 Like

I think you have yourself to blame entirely for that one. You didnā€™t pick one of the chocolate flavored shakes!

And youā€™re in America. We donā€™t have ā€œcoffee flavourā€ but ā€œcoffee flavorā€. That might be your problem. Youā€™re expecting it to taste British!

4 Likes

I have to say it. I picked the triple chocolate and it was almost inedible. It was supposed to be a shake. Others at my table could drink theirs- but the chocolate was solid and just not good.

I like the food because I order what I want but I am not impressed with the desserts.

4 Likes

I just noticed this on my last trip. I am now just starting to enjoy the new Soarin. I also felt overwhelmed at FOP - like what just happened? I think I will like it better when I do it again.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never been, so I canā€™t speak to actualities. But Iā€™m a chocolate addict. So any dessert that doesnā€™t have chocolate in it isnā€™t generally worth it. Are you saying it was inedible as in tasted bad, or in that you couldnā€™t actually drink it?

Based on the picture, it looks more like something you eat with a spoon than a straw.

1 Like