Trip report D184

14 Likes

It looks like it will be a beautiful day! Enjoy!

Such a lovely view!

2 Likes

Please consider doing Country Bear Jamboree. It is my favorite and I see it every time, much to my families disgruntlement. Also, you can never get enough People Mover!

3 Likes

Right, I’m off out. To catch the bus to MK.

And I’ll catch you all later.

2 Likes

Have a great time!!!

1 Like

To help me slow down, I challenge myself to notice things. In Disney, it’s Hidden Mickey’s - i think there’s an app you can get on your phone. There’s a new book coming out next year by Rob Walker “The Art of Noticing” (I know, not much help today, but he has a great email newsletter in the meanwhile) that talks all about how to stop and notice. In his latest newsletter he suggested “don’t take a picture” Instead, just see and appreciate the scene. He’s also recommended looking for and noticing patterns, like look for the alphabet in nature, or find typographical errors in signs, or think of one thing (like hidden mickey’s) and keeping your eye out for it. In Disney, you could also look for kindness - someone being kind to another person - holding a door, picking up a fallen toy, offering sympathy to a mom holding a crying child. That kind of thing.

1 Like

Going back to room.

Decided not to bring sunglasses. Which turned out to be a mistake, so going back for them.

Florida weather is very confusing.

1 Like

NH isn’t much better. First day of winter and our weather is nearly identical to what you’re having in FL. Just shy a few degrees. Really. Mid 50s!

1 Like

Short line for the MK bus. Damn, I thought — I bet I’ve just missed one. So I wended my way through the switchback line. By the time I got to the end of it the bus arrived.

2 Likes

OMG, yes!!! We went from very strong rain to blinding sunlight not too long ago. The wind is rough, too.

1 Like

I will say that I have been a genius with my various clothing purchases. They’re all working out really well. I could teach a class.

8 Likes

I do this all the time and it is something that I am REALLY trying to change, as I know I am missing out on actual life when I am too busy trying to photograph or record it. But it is proving to be very hard for me.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: and not just in Disney

4 Likes

There are times when I specifically do not take any photos so that I can just be in the moment. I find it hard to do both

3 Likes

That is what I need to try to start doing!

1 Like

Yesterday I saw the opposite. A mom screaming relentlessly at her crying child. I’m only judging a little. WDW can be stressful and kids can be difficult. But — oh! — I wish she hadn’t been doing that. I hope the child was too young to remember it.

1 Like

That makes me sad. People put way too much pressure on themselves to have the “perfect” vacation. That mom needs even more support and sympathy.

2 Likes

When I see those kind of incidents, they seriously traumatize me. And my kids. My son still remembers when we went to the Renaissance Faire a couple years ago and a mom was screaming at her crying child and then took his souvenir and threw it in the trash. It really upset him.

1 Like

:sob: