Trip report D184

Uh oh.

1 Like

Agreed. I wish I could say as a mom, (now that my sons are grown) I never said things Iā€™d later regretā€¦Iā€™m sure I did - but screaming at them I donā€™t recall (and my sons still love me and come home often :wink:)

4 Likes

Itā€™s apparently windy enough for them to stop running the boats.

:scream_cat:

You forgot to switch over to Fahrenheit for us Americans. You are in our country, you know. (Seriously tongue in cheek)

2 Likes

Oh no! They dropping us off at the same bay as the pick-up spot. Itā€™s miles to MK from here!

1 Like

I didnā€™t forget. I knew what I was doing and I liked it.

7 Likes

But itā€™s like going to the shopping mall. Why does it matter how far you walk so you can get inside andā€¦ walk?

:wink:

Kidding. It matters. I totally know it does.

3 Likes

Consider it an opportunity to stop and smell more roses. Literally. There are flower boxes with pink rose bushes all along there, yes?
As an aside, Iā€™m not getting jack shit done at work because Iā€™m at Disney with my friend Matt. Iā€™m sure my boss will understand. :wink:

10 Likes

Itā€™s raining so Iā€™ve ducked inside CBJ.

2 Likes

Ooops. Whyā€™d they do that?

Itā€™s like Iā€™m really there! The sorcerer radio station just started playing the country bear Christmas special!!

1 Like

Yes! Hidden Mickeyā€™s are probably my ABSOLUTE favorite thing about Disney. In fact, I forget to enjoy the ride for the rideā€™s sake because Iā€™m so busy finding hidden Mickeyā€™s. (I found at least three in Splash Mountain on my last trip.)

Be careful. Thereā€™s blood on the saddle!

2 Likes

I donā€™t know that we need to use the word genius but I timed that perfectly. Rain gone. Sun out.

9 Likes

Good thing you went back for those shades.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking of making it a competition on our next trip with the girls (3 14yr olds) DD already ā€œtoldā€ us that she and her friends are not touring with us.

In my avatar, it shows me wearing sun glasses of sorts. Actually, those are my amusement park classes. They are equipped with the latest in ā€œTransitionsā€ technology so that I never have to worry about forgetting my sunglasses. But since Iā€™m blind as a bat without my glasses, I donā€™t care to carry around my REAL prescription sunglasses and then every time we head indoors for a ride or shopping or food, swap them, I have these.

While they arenā€™t as attractive as my usual bifocal glasses, nor my prescription sunglasses each are individually, it is fabulous for amusement parks!

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what is the room number? My TA has requested top floor, lake view for me, and that view looks awesome so maybe Iā€™ll do a fax request.

1 Like

So from CBJ to Splash and now at Skipper Canteen. Loving it so far ā€” the servers crack the same corny jokes as on Jungle Cruise. Theming is great, too.

Oh, and fair warning: Just to annoy @ryan1 I will be posting a photograph later on that not only was taken while I was riding Splash Mountain but also was taken during the drop.

8 Likes

And just to annoy @profmatt, Iā€™m not going to acknowledge his obviously sophomoric attempt to get me to respond. I just wonā€™t do it.

Err. Yeah.