Trip Report (12/7 to 12/12) and Notes for Next Time

Oh dear, I hope you’re better! I bet you picked it up on the plane, they’re literally swarming with germs. My immune system is shot so I always use Wet Ones to wipe down everything on the plane and I don’t care if I look like a hypochondriac.:joy: At least I don’t get sick on trips anymore!

That basic economy ticket is really deceptive, I agree. That’s what shows up on search engines now, whereas in the past it would be the standard economy. So if you didn’t know they had done that, you would have bought it thinking it was the standard one.

Some of the search engines have also gone to slipping in absolutely ridiculous layover times as well, and they didn’t use to do that, either. DS26 bought a plane ticket for a conference in Tokyo and on the return trip found out he had a 24 hour layover in LA! So these changes can trip up anyone.

I’m so sorry! I just got back from WDW this past weekend, and I have definitely caught something, and so has DD17. I was exhausted going into my trip from my courses and from work, so it is no surprise. Hope you are feeling better.

Well! I had no idea they’d created this new ticket type. I’ll be more careful, searching in the future. It was just WAY to stressful to not have assigned seats. I bet it’s annoying for the gate agents, too. I’m sure we can’t be the only ones that have fallen into this hole.

I often pick up a cold when we travel - I’m just susceptible to them - but this flu thing is so. much. worse. I don’t think I’ve ever had influenza before. We all even got the vaccination this fall. Fortunately, it’s just me. The rest of the family stayed healthy. I’m on the mend now. Antibiotics (for the pneumonia) are amazing things.

Back at work, and trying to catch up on all the posts I’ve missed! Wow, a lot has happened here on the forums.

1 Like

My DS hated the snow at Frozen as well.