Trip plan D18

Is your 11am/12:30pm/7:00pm plan for every day of your trip? The reason I ask is because of the heat. We found the middle of the day to be miserable in June. We ended up taking longer middle-of-the-day breaks at the pool during our summer trips as the mornings and evenings were much more enjoyable time to tour the parks.

1 Like

^^^^^ This!!

I would try and go early, then have breakfast. Take a break and go back to the parks.

We went for 3 weeks in July back in 2012. I reckon we did less than we did in 10 days in February. The no. of days at WDW for each trip was around 12 and 6. So we did about half as much per day.

The rest of the family have said “never again”.

The planning “difficulty” I have is that I have to choose between rope-dropping but then leaving the parks relatively early in the evenings, or arriving at the parks much later and staying till close. Opening and closing the parks is just too tiring. And — I know this is unforgivable — I think it would be a bit boring. Days are long and FPPs are limited.

I know some people take a break mid-day, but I’m not sure what I’d do. If were staying at YC, then maybe Stormalong Bay would be an attractive escape. But just going back to Pop doesn’t seem that appealing mid-day.

I like having lazy mornings in bed in the hotel and then setting out later. And I like closing the parks because of the shows.

So far as heat is concerned, I quite like it! I love how different from home it is. You just have to take things slowly and take every opportunity possible to escape from it by diving into air-conditioned spaces.

I actually “missed” the heat during my Christmas trip. It didn’t feel like Florida. And that Florida feeling does add something to me. Even the humidity.

3 Likes

I understand the argument, but I just don’t think this would work for me. I don’t like getting up early. And take a break and do what? I’ll be on my own. If you’re with a family you’ve got people to talk to and “play” with.

I understand. We’re not morning people either, never rope dropped. Well, once, just to see it at MK, but I then went back to Bay Lake for breakfast!

Having said all I’ve said against this plan, there’s nothing in the timings of my meals that would stop me actually doing it. Or trying it.

It would have implications for FPP timings, but I’ve got a long time to go before I start worrying about those!

After you left, it was like into the 80s every single day. Awful.

Excellent, I hope it works out! Spider-Man is a slow one though, much faster than the regular line but nowhere near Express Pass.

When I went to WDW before I had kids, I would sleep in, get to the parks late morning, and then stay until close. I see no reason to take a mid-day break under those circumstances. Now that I have young kids, we do RP and a mid-day break (and call it a night by 8 pm). Another way of saying … I agree with your plan.

3 Likes

You seem very wise :wink:

That is fabulous. I think breakfast and a signature dinner is a great way to use those credits.

1 Like

Can someone remind me: what time should I book Tusker House brunch to get breakfast and lunch offerings?

About 10:30-10:45

2 Likes

Hmm. So 11am is too late?

Which would you prefer for an 11am lunch: Sci-Fi or 50’s Prime Time?

H&V is out because they stop serving breakfast at 10.20am, which is too early.

I think you may stand to miss breakfast. Especially as they run behind a lot there.

Lunch - sci fi

Dinner - 50s prime time

1 Like

When on vacation I often will only do 2 meals a day. It saves me time and money. I usually do a late breakfast, skip lunch and then dinner and that usually keeps me happy.

2 Likes

Right. Version 2.0 of the July 2019 Plan is now complete. Pretty pleased with how it’s looking. So pleased, in fact, I actually want to go on the trip.

12 Likes

Yes! Looking forward to following along again.

1 Like