Trip plan D18

Yay! I am more than pleased to hear that!

2 Likes

We were there 10.30-11.20 and when we left there was still a lot of breakfast stuff out. But they stop replenishing it so if it gets eaten more quickly, itā€™s gone.

2 Likes

When I went on my first trip I bought my WDW and UOR tickets from an online reseller. But on my second trip I bought my WDW tickets from Disney and my UOR tickets from Universal. I donā€™t know why.

Iā€™ve had a look at the online reseller I used last year and you can indeed buy 2-park hopper passes that last 14 days and require no specification of date. This is much better than the ā€œdealā€ I got direct from Universal. Complete flexibility. No brainer.

As for EPs Iā€™ll see how I get along with SR and / or buy on the day.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just found a video of the view of HEA from Tomorrowland Terrace.

Itā€™s awful! Itā€™s hugely obscured by trees. Yes, you get a reserved spot. Yes you get a seat. Yes you get coverage from rain. But the view sucks.

So forget it. Iā€™m going to do the Plaza Gardens after party again. Itā€™s also $15 cheaper.

6 Likes

If @profmatt hasnā€™t made a change in his plan, has the day really even happened?

:wink:

Good choice. I was worried about you doing an expensive extra for the purposes of research. For many things in life, like this, if it ainā€™t broke then donā€™t try to fix it.

5 Likes

That presumably applies to my Pop vs ASMo debate.

2 Likes

For the record, this wasnā€™t a change. It was an adjustment, which is a wholly different thing.

3 Likes

------>

Itā€™s a change.

4 Likes

Well thatā€™s like six degrees of separation. Iā€™m sure you can get from one word to any other word by linking definitions.

Besides, itā€™s really more of a tweak.

2 Likes

Iā€™m confused about what twerking has to do with this. But okay. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Good choice! We used to do the terrace party when it was Wishes, but once moved to garden for HEA, we realized how much better the view was. Garden all the way!

3 Likes

Highly controversially Iā€™m now even wondering about not doing a dessert party at all. Doing no extras during my trip, other than the DDP and UOR.

Iā€™m kinda inspired by the great spot I found all by myself for IllumiNations. Maybe Iā€™ll find a cool spot for HEA. Already Iā€™ll be seeing it from Narcoosseeā€™s and CG.

(Itā€™s possible the bit in bold is a lie.)

7 Likes

Can be done. Especially as a solo traveler. Have done, both with fam and solo :slight_smile: Itā€™s why I struggle to find a reason to book a dessert party. But probably will one day anyway. For research :wink:

4 Likes

Where? Oh do tell. I promise not to go there and take your spot when you are there for HEA :slight_smile: Have HEA dessert party booked for family for March trip. DH and I did the party last spring so I know itā€™s stress free with yummy strawberries but really donā€™t want to shell out $400 to do it.

Remind me in the morning Iā€™ll share then.

Good morning! :wink:

1 Like

OK so I personally like the hub and have never had a hard time to get in there, whether alone or with my family of 4. Sure, once youā€™re in youā€™re in and thereā€™s generally not a ton of elbow room, but neither have I ever felt like a sardine nor has my claustrophobia been triggered. We have gotten in the hub anywhere from 10-30 minutes ahead of the show.

If you donā€™t want to be right in hub, another favorite is a spot that is just behind the gardens, sort of between Caseyā€™s and Crystal Palace. I have circled the area in this map, just below where the number 6 is:

In this spot there is a little stand of trees, surrounded themselves by a small fence which is convenient for leaning up against while watching. This has been an easy spot to snag even at the last minute, as people pass it by as they aim for a spot in-hub. The one risk here is that some dope in the garden area will place a small child or large tablet a bit in your viewing area. But otherwise, itā€™s a great spot with zero crushing and plenty of elbow room. This is just one photo I took from there a couple of trips back at MVMCP:

Lastly, if you want to just take in the fireworks and music and are willing to sacrifice the projections (admittedly a big sacrifice, not recommended for a first viewing or even the only viewing in a trip), try the area near the fountain at Gastonā€™s in fantasyland. Here you feel like you are IN the fireworks, as you are nearer to the place from where they are set off. There is almost nobody around, so itā€™s perfect for a truly relaxing experience with plenty of room to move and breathe. The music is played in this area so you sacrifice none of that. Here is a photo taken from that spot:

and here you can see just how much elbow room you have there:

Hope this is helpful :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

An update

Iā€™ve done some reallocation of parks to days. I originally didnā€™t have an MK day until day 4 or 5 or something. Day 1 (counting arrival day as Day 0) was Epcot and, much as I like Epcot, thatā€™s not a particularly zingy start to a trip. Similarly, my first visit to UOR (boo! hiss!) wasnā€™t till about halfway through the trip, but I really like it and I didnā€™t go at Christmas, so this has a high priority for me.

Swapping days around is less straightforward than you might think. Some events occur on fixed days so you canā€™t just swap one day for another willy nilly.

Another change was Day 0. Originally set to be a calm evening at AK, itā€™s now set to be MK. On arrival day MK has EMH till midnight (park close at 10pm) and so this seemed an attractive start to the vacation.

All this switching resulted in a minor ADR change. Satuā€™li is out and Iā€™m now doing both Sci-Fi and 50ā€™s Diner. Which is a result Iā€™m happy with. Iā€™ve done Satuā€™li on each of my three trips so far. Iā€™ve never done either Sci-Fi or 50ā€™s Diner.

My desire to use all my dining credits by only eating at WDW and not at UOR, and my desire to use all my FPPs, even on UOR days, has been the principal source of difficulty in getting the scheduling right.

Iā€™ll post the schedule so far later ā€” Iā€™ll be seeking advice on the order I should try to book my ADRs in, which Iā€™m due to do next Friday.

5 Likes

This is great, thank you. We have done the area you marked in purple with Wishes and for 4th of July show and loved it. A CM suggested it on our first trip and it has worked faithfully for us since. Didnā€™t have to get there super early. Had no trouble seeing well and very easy exit. Back to Poly within 15 min probably. Havenā€™t tried it with HEA though. I was encouraged to see you rate it as good. Hopeful it will still work well for us.

1 Like