Trip plan D18

7 Likes

The more often you go I feel the more the meals get modified to how you normally would want to eat.
We had a trip one year that was food centric. It was way too much scheduling around the food. Lots of table service meals. After the first couple of days, we were maxed out on how much we could consume.
I used to fancy myself quite the eater, but I really am not. The food at Disney is high calorie, so even a small amount will carry you for a long time.
Now we plan a buffet early in the trip (Cali Grill Brunch for instance) and really enjoy it and are able to eat several portions.
As the week goes on, I could eat a croissant in the morning and a small meal later in the day and that seems to be plenty.

1 Like

Use your snacks to get breakfasty items.

1 Like

Also, Pops Goes the Fourth is one of my favorite things. I do not condone your use of the tag line, albeit altered to suit your username.

What’s that? I thought of Blackadder Goes Forth, the fourth series of Blackadder.

3 Likes

Oh Lol. I have no idea what THAT is. So maybe my presumption is off base. Lol.

Pops Goes the Fourth is the quintessential Fourth of July celebration here in the northeast, and I would argue it is the best in this country. It features the Boston Pops Orchestra playing many patriotic songs as well as other selections from their storied history. It is followed by the best fireworks outside of WDW. Ok it maybe is even better than those.

I was lucky enough to go to the dress rehearsal concert on my 41st birthday. It was one of my favorite evenings EVER

7 Likes

One of my favorite British comedy series featuring Rowan Atkinson before Mr. Bean and Hugh Laurie before House.

1 Like

Had TV gone colour by then?

3 Likes

It’s the same pun, being my fourth trip.

2 Likes

Not quite.

Oh, Chef Mickey’s… this a polarizing one for sure. I like it fine, but I prefer the Wave for their breakfast. Both at the Contemporary if location is a factor.

Of course, if there is a place you really like, there’s no shame in going every time. I heard of many a family who go to 'Ohana every single trip.

There are hundreds of places to dine at. I’ve tried to mix it up each time but for sure there are those that are revisited.

One thing I like about CM over 1900 is that there are windows. 1900 feels like a dungeon to me.

2 Likes

In our family we allow one favorite and one new one per person. Maybe split it halfway

2 Likes

Yes, that was my feeling the first time I went. But the made-to-order omelettes are to die for, and the Mickey waffles with frosting and syrup and just heavenly.

OMG…I love Blackadder…:joy:

3 Likes

And the Strawberry Soup!!!

1 Like

Uh oh. I forgot about that. I’ve never had it.

Amazing!!! And it also makes a great dip/sauce for Mickey Waffles!

I think I saw a walking path all the way from GF to MK. Was I wrong?

1 Like

We like to pick a number (like 20) and try to work that many new things into our plans for our next trip. That leaves enough room for all the old standbys but I feel like we are trying new things. Maybe if you include some faves and try some new things too, it will feel like a good mix.

1 Like

Yes you’re misled. That path goes to nowhere.