Trial DVC concierage service?

This is an excellent point (broadly) business jargon hits the ear completely wrong if you don’t hear it day in and day out. The acronyms alone get me.

But also agree that for a public call, he should know better than to divide the visitors to his park into “favorable and unfavorable”. I mean, if you are going to be CEO, have a little common sense.

2 Likes

Yes, the call is open to the public, but the audience of the call is most definitely not the public. It’s an investor call. Not any real defense, but it’s not like he’s on Good Morning America saying this stuff.

1 Like

this is the same execs who joked “we’re charging you the same amount for less food…and your waistlines will thank us for it [ya bunch of fatty fat fats!].”

2 Likes

Its totally his choice - it isn’t inappropriate for an investors call - but it does impact how he is perceived broadly.

I am firmly on the “Josh bears just as much responsibility for current choices” team, but there is a reason Chapek has such a negative image and Josh does not.

2 Likes

I mean…I’m REALLY looking forward to eating all this high fat, high sodium food in smaller portions so that I can come away from Disney having lost weight. It is my new diet plan.

5 Likes

Yeah - she made a poor choice.

I agree with you. But, wow…watching Josh at D23 was, as my kids say, cringe! He just seemed so fake. My wife even commented at how she doesn’t feel she can trust anything that comes out of his mouth because he came across sounding so fake. And I agree. Even the video of him (and others) riding Tron…that stupid grin on his face looked practically painted on him, and not at all legitimately having fun on the ride…unlike the guy who was sitting next to him.

1 Like

It is yet I want to make a shirt that says it. :joy:

1 Like

I think you should and I think I’ve seen it already somewhere too… :thinking: :laughing:

1 Like

:joy: Yes I saw someone wearing one at DL. But it was Magic Key design so I need to make a WDW design.

1 Like

but… it gets covered by major news outlets (maybe not GMA specifically) whose audience is… the public.

I haben’t seen this! Need to check it out.

When I saw it, I couldn’t help but think someone said to Josh before they went around, “Now make sure you look like you’re having the most amazing time…ever!”

D’amaro is like the current Disney corporate philosophy personified.