Treating the monorail as a ride?

Should be HS-POP-CB-RIV-EPCOT (IIRC).

I’ll answer my own question, lol.

1 Like

Have you skiied before? The gondolas are not permanently attached to the cable. The cable is always running and the gondolas come into each station and get pulled off of the line onto a separate cable so that they are MUCH slower and folks can load and unload. Then when they are filled back up, they move back onto the main cable and are on their way.

If there is a backup in the station, the vast majority of the time the main line isn’t slowed or stopped because the backed up cars are already off of the line. In some rare instances they may slow the main line for a couple of minutes, but they almost never stop.

Also, you’re talking 2-3 minutes between stations. At a ski resort you could be on the gondola for 10-15+ minutes to get to the top.

1 Like

Well, that explains a lot. The last time I was on anything like it was the Skyway between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

1 Like

Yes. That’s the concept, only imagine the gondola’s being much bigger and faster.

@ryan1 needs to not watch this video.

I live in the Russian North Caucasus and unfortunately that gondola accident in Georgia doesn’t surprise me in the least. But I don’t think it would ever, ever happen in the US because of things like lawsuits and safety inspections that just don’t happen in this part of the world. So all Disney fans can rest easy. =)

Thanks for that. I will be sure to not watch it. Or read it. Nothing better than to further contribute to one’s irrational fears with a little rationality.

3 Likes