Transportation to MK from Dolphin

From the Dolphin, I’m thinking the closest disney resort is Yacht Club. How long does it take to walk to the YC bus stop?

2 Likes

I would say less than 10 minutes to the bus depot.

2 Likes

Sounds about right. And I think it’s about equidistant to the Boardwalk as well.

From the Dolphin, you have to walk over to the Swan, and cross the bridge to get to either. From there, it’s dealer’s choice.

1 Like

Through my trial and error, the buses at YC were so much more reliable and quicker. The boardwalk bus situation is crazy to me.

3 Likes

Are the Swalphin buses reliable to AK? Or would you just take the YC bus to there as well?

1 Like

Yes the AK bus is reliable, but you board at a different place when leaving the parks than you would for YC. It’s right next to the Uber/Lyft drop off so if you are inpatient and get tired of waiting for the bus to come, it’s easy to order an Uber/Lyft.
We liked the YC buses better than the BW ones as well when we stayed at Dolphin last summer.
Whatever you do, don’t take the Dolphin bus to MK as it drops you at the TTC and was a huge time waste for us.

3 Likes

YMMV but having stayed at Swan and Dolphin and tried both YC/BW buses and Swolphin buses, I wouldn’t rule out the Swolphin buses. By the time you hike to YC/BW and wait in line for a bus (if it’s a busy time) you don’t always save a lot of time vs getting the Swolphin bus at your door and then having to take monorail at TTC for MK. For AK the only caveat is, the bus stops running fairly early after closing time. We dawdled on our way out once and found ourselves stranded by Swolphin bus, had to go back over and take the bus to YC because thankfully Disney buses were still available. The walk from YC to Dolphin was not short especially late at night when we were tired.

5 Likes

Touring Plans had timed this and found that often walking to another resorts takes more time and unless you see the MK bus pulling away, you should just talk the Swan/Dolphin bus.

4 Likes

This is really good information!

1 Like

I’ve stayed at both Swan and Dolphin and have tried walking in morning to BW bus pick up location and always got lost and it seemed to take forever. we’re not fast walkers. Unless I see a map and a clear path, it’s a no go for us. But from I can tell, the YC doesn’t look too bad. I would love to hear your experiences. Also, on the way back from MK, we often take the bus to DHS and then walk back or take the boat.

1 Like

We used boat transport to YC because it’s the next stop. There always seemed to be a boat in the morning.

What is the walking path some of you take from the Dolphin to BW bus? Last time I tried it we walked all over trying to find the buses and got very lost.

2 Likes

From the Boardwalk you must go up, through the lobby, or the stairs on the left side of the village green. Or you can go into the BW and get an elevator.

2 Likes

The easiest way is to walk along the boardwalk and make a right into the courtyard to go through the building lobby. It should be across from where the boat docks at Boardwalk.

Trying to imagine. In the past, I always got stuck somewhere and then had to back track a bunch. I think you’re saying turn right before the Flying Fish but it still looks like I would hit a wall and need help navigating. Help!

1 Like

This is what I’ve done. No need to walk all the way down to flying fish.

You do turn at Flying Fidh. If you take the stairs up to the porch area, it is the lobby. You walk through the lobby and out the door. The buses are down the left side of the driveway. Or, at Flying Fish there is a direct stairway up to the walkway,

Stairway to lobby

1 Like

I’ve only done it twice from Swan but both times turned right at the general store. Didn’t need to go past the boat dock to Flying Fish. You can, it’s just further to walk.

It is a way to explain the stairways. It is the. Illage Green. The direct stairway is to the left in this photo ( near Flying Fish), the lobby staircase is more centrally located in the green.

1 Like