Transportation LAX to Disneyland

Our October trip is coming up soon and I still don’t have transportation arranged. I need some help and guidance. Please don’t tell me how bad LAX is or that I should fly into a different airport.

Our incoming flight is supposed to get in at 4:15 pm on a Friday night (I know, a delightful time to arriving. Unfortunately, this flight has had many changes since I booked it and unless they change the time, this is the best I can do). Our outgoing flight leaves at 8:35 am on a Saturday. We do not want to rent a car.

Previously, @OBNurseNH had a terrible experience with Karmel who is the DL default so I wanted to avoid them. Someone else recommended Executive Car Service but I have tried website chat and text to get an answer to a question and have not gotten any responses. We have never used Lyft or Uber but would consider them if needed. I would consider a taxi/service as well.

Does anyone have a recommendation for transportation?
And/or an idea of how much Lyft would be for those times? Do you schedule something ahead of time or just when you get in?

Please help and thanks!

1 Like

It’s such a shame they got rid of the Magical Express…they used to have it for a fee!

We used Karmel and while the condition of the shuttle was lacking, it was perfectly suitable to get there and back to the airport in my opinion. It was messy but we didn’t have to wait more than 10-15 minutes for them to arrive at baggage claim and they were on time to pick us up for the airport.

I’ve also used a limo service and they were great…I believe it was Crown Limo.

Oh yeah, with Lyft or Uber (I have both apps and most of the time lyft is cheaper but not always. Once Lyft wanted $200 to get my Universal Hollywood to Disneyland compared to $100 with Uber so check both. Get your apps all setup before you go but you book it once you’re there.

2 Likes

I’d consider taking the FlyAway bus from LAX to Union Station then Amtrak or Metrolink to Anaheim.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations and the how-to for the Uber/Lyft stuff.

Thanks for the recommendation if we were younger and/or more agile I would probably consider something like this. Unfortunately, we come with some mobility issues that mean we don’t want to tote our luggage around too much. We need to save our energy for the parks!

Given your mobility issues, the one problem with Uber/Lyft is that it is at a separate area of the airport that you have to take a shuttle to (called LAXIt), and even once you get there, it’s a very large area and you may have to walk quite a bit.

I would recommend a car service or taxi. I believe you can get a taxi from a curb closer to the terminals.

2 Likes

I always rent a car (one way rental) when flying into LAX. Second choice would be a Lyft. I have never used a shuttle there so no advice there. Lyft and Uber are really easy to use once you download the apps. I would expect it to cost at least $100ish, but it may be more with gas prices still being in the $6 plus a gallon range in CA. Right now at 8:30pm, a Lyft is $138.92 for a regular car and $159.03 for a Lyft XL that seats 5. Not sure if 5 pm would be more as that is rush hour so you may ending up sitting in traffic (and therefore using more gas).
LAX is fine, it is just really big and farther away from DLR than 3 other airports. Just bring your patience for the LAX and travel to DL experience.

3 Likes

Also to add, I would use Uber/Lyft on the way back to the airport for sure. On the return trip they will take you directly to your airline’s terminal curb.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve driven in LA and really don’t want to deal with that, you are braver than me! The info on the cost of rideshare is very helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t know that about the shuttle to rideshare though maybe I did hear about it and it just didn’t register. I’m leaning toward taxi to DL (for ease) and Lyft/Uber to the airport.

2 Likes

However, I’m intrigued with one-way renal…how does that work for DL?

1 Like

I love an adventure. After driving in Spain, including having to get into and out of a car elevator, LA traffic is easy peasy!

4 Likes

Here’s information on where you can get a Taxi at LAX. It’s only in designated areas, so you may have to walk or take the shuttle. I know for a fact that you can have a car service pick you up at any terminal, so you may want to consider that. With mobility issues that’s your best option to avoid walking a lot.

https://www.flylax.com/lax-traffic-and-ground-transportation#four

1 Like

You can rent though Enterprise, and then drop off at Paradise Pier Hotel. Or there are other locations in Anaheim, I tend to use Alamo and drop off on the corner of Harbor and Katella.

2 Likes

As I mentioned on the open thread, but putting it here for the information, we used Anaheim Town Cad Service from SNA, but I think that theg do LAX. We were vety pleased with their service in 2017 and 2022.

2 Likes

Then do you rent again for the return? This fascinating :face_with_monocle:. I’ve never considered this.

1 Like

Yes. Monday I am flying into San Diego to see my DS, then will drive to Anaheim and return the car at Alamo. I have rented cars 1 way for years. To fly home I will just Lyft to SNA.

2 Likes

A huge thank you to EVERYONE who has offered information!! I have much to think about but I feel like I definitely have more options than I did before. I also feel that I have a better understanding of what is involved with the options.

Please feel free to continue to comment etc. as I have not made any decisions yet. I may need to make a spreadsheet :grin::joy::joy:!

1 Like

We almost used Sunny’s Transportation that we found through MouseSavers, but then we ended up getting a better deal on a rental car. They had really good reviews, though.

3 Likes

Thanks. I will check them out!