Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times

I hope I’m not muscling in on your and @brerbeer’s project! It’s just been dead slow at work today so I’ve actually been able to check frequently!

Edited to add: and now “At Capacity” at 5pm.

1 Like

Not at all! I’m delighted. It takes the pressure off me because I keep forgetting to check. And you just beat me again :joy::joy:

5.30, still at capacity. It has reopened on a previous day after reaching capacity but after the announcement that it would be closing early from now on, is this it for the day? It seems very early. I was thinking it would shut about 7 or 8.

I wonder if they aren’t going to keep the total number of daily operating hours the same (or roughly so) and just open earlier and close earlier? So instead of running 11-7 they’re going to aim for 9-5 or something similar?

6:30, still at capacity.

1 Like

And still at capacity at 7. I assume they won’t add anyone else at this point.

1 Like

12/7 — delayed at 9:05am

9:30 status has gone from “delayed” to “closed”. Not a good sign?

We’ll see how work goes today and whether I can check as much.

1 Like

Not at all! @miss and I cant possible keep up with this yoyo! Lol.

1 Like

12/7 Open with 180 min wait at 9.35.

210 minute wait at 10am on 12/7 from UOR app, but reported closed on TP app.

1 Like

10.15, still not reported closed on the Universal app. This is so annoying. You’d think you could trust their app at least to say if it’s open, but TP must be getting their info from somewhere.

10:50 and same thing — 210min in universal app, showing closed in Lines.

1 Like

This may tangential to the main discussion, but a recent TP Podcast had a pretty enlightening discussion with Brian from TP about his experience at Universal. (recorded 7/10) A lot of frustration about the Hagrid ride, the disingenuous cast members (or whatever they call them), and lack of communication from Universal in general.
My original link to the podcast didn’t want to work, so here’s a link to the blog post. You can connect from there. :sunglasses:

The Hagrid discussion starts about 16:00 into the cast and goes for about 14 minutes or so.

1 Like

11.15am, posted 180. TP agreed it is open but expected wait is 194.

@longwalk they’re called team members. I’ve seen a lot of reports of TMs either not knowing what was going on, or not saying.

1 Like

The DIS review was pretty scathing on this point as well. Said that supervisors, in particular, seemed to be avoiding talking to upset people and were making front line team members deal with it instead. They were positive on the ride but very harsh towards Uni’s overall ops.

3 Likes

12.10, posted 120 mins.

12:50 posted 120 min still

1:30 up to 150 min

Just read on Screamscape (sorry if this was stated above) that Universal is planning to shift their opening of the ride to morning, and then close it in the afternoon when there is a likely shutdown for rain anyhow.

There’s a link to Universal’s Twitter above, they didn’t say they were shutting in the afternoon, they said it would close before the park to give them time to do maintenance. I’m sure the reason is that when they opened at midday, they couldn’t get people through the queue before it rained though. Yesterday was the first day and it was 5 or 5.30 when it closed, I forget exactly. Well the queue closed.

Yeah. I was using “afternoon” in the most literal of senses there. After noon. :slight_smile:

But it does seem that they will still likely have the rain issue. If they have people riding it and then a storm pops up at, say, 2:00, they would have had to shut down the ride well before that to ensure people were out of the line. In the very least, it sounds like they can get more people through the ride, though, than before.

Oh this is nice, at 1.50pm the posted wait is 150.

3 Likes

Yes, I would say the afternoon rain usually stops way before 5, so they’re not eliminating that stoppage at all. It does seem to have been more reliable since the day (Monday?) when it didn’t open at all, so hopefully people are getting to ride.