Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times

I don’t know specifics, but I do know that, like a lot of coasters, it often doesn’t run below a certain temperature, so there were more morning delays because of that during some cold (for FL) snaps in December/January. So if you’ve got cold mornings in your forecast keep that in mind.

So is the ‘uptime’ for Hagrid better now that when they had the scheduled late starts? Or does it still have frequent and random downtime?

I just went through a couple of days of chat and it seems like it continues to have issues. It is impacted by weather.

1 Like

@PrincipalTinker how do I find the Universal chat? I’m subscribed to the Touring Plans for Universal.

I actually just searched for it in the Google Play store under “Lines”. It’s a whole separate app and I feel that that’s the easiest way to use it. I do think you can also access it from the dashboard of a desktop if you are on the Touring Plans website.

1 Like

You can download the app and sign in:

Also, in the homepage of the wdw app there is a link (at the bottom)

2 Likes

What’s the latest you can get into Hagrid’s line before the park closes? My TP has me getting on line at 7:54 pm on a day the park closes at 8 pm. Thanks!

When I was there last week they were letting people in even though the last riders would be nearly two hours after park close.

When you’re on the homepage for WDW chat go right down to the bottom where is says ‘Other Lines Apps’ then select Universal Orlando. Then it’s just the same as the WDW chat homepage but for UOR. That’s how I bounce between the two chat zones.

1 Like

Any new thoughts about when the best time would be to try to tackle Hagrid’s? What happens if I am in line at the end of the day and then the ride goes down?

I opted to go for RD, with the 1:00 ‘sweet spot’ as a backup if it was not up at park opening. We were not first in line at the park gate nor did we beat feet to Hagrid’s once in the park, so we were able to see/hear that it was operating before we officially entered the queue.

We’ve got 2 days at Universal. First day we’re rope dropping USF and will head to IoA in the afternoon (try to get on Hagrid’s). Second day we’ll rope drop IoA. If neither of those two work, then the afternoon of the 2nd day is our last option.

I suspect you are out of luck if you’re in line at the end of the day and it goes down, but curious to see if anyone had heard/seen anything different.

Apparently Hagrid’s was closed all day yesterday and today?

Yes, the chatter on chat is that one of the TMs said there was a major mechanical failure and someone had to be flown in from overseas to try and fix it. Apparently it is open right now, but we’ll see how long that lasts.

A certain part of the ride that is redundant has both sides down.

1 Like

Everything seemed ok this morning.

We arrived at the gates of IOA at 8:20.
We were let through at 8:40.
No delays for Hagrid and we were done at 9:22.

All the animatronics seemed to be working.

8 Likes

Has anyone been stuck on Hagrids for any length of time? I was stuck on it for about 5-8 min combined. (3 different delays, one lasting about 3-5 min, the other 2, around 2 mins). It feels like an hour when you’re stuck though. I want to ride it again next week but I’m hoping for a seamless ride. I’m absolutely terrified of being stuck on a ride. It doesn’t seem like it has gotten any more dependable since sept. Has anyone heard of people being stuck for more than 10 min?

I was stuck on it three times the second day of operation. The ride is running much better since September minus things like the drops not working.

I was stuck in the room at the end of the backwards section. We could see the track in front of us, but the lights were off. It was about two minutes. Only time I was stuck of the 4 times on the ride. This was the beginning of February.

Curious to know…if there is some kind of “down time” while you are on the ride, do they allow you to ride it again without a wait later? Or, do they presume that since you got to experience the entire ride, albeit with delays, if you want to ride again, you have to wait all over again?