Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times

Just to be clear, you were there on a day when IOA had 8:00 early entry for resort guests, and they started running Hagrid’s around 8:30 when it was supposed to start at 9:00, correct? (Hagrid’s is normally not open for early entry).

Correct.They opened it during early entry. So I think it is worth a try if have EE but if you don’t, then lines around mid-day would be better. The lines were longest in the am if you weren’t towards the front with rope drop. Otherwise by 12-1 they dropped a good bit.

1 Like

I’m here in line this morning. Got to the park entrance line at 8:00 on the dot (pretty close to the front of the line) about 8:45ish they started letting us in. They were warning immediately that the ride was delayed this morning but they were “pre-loading” the queue. Got my bag into the locker at 9:00 and made it all the way into the room with the dragon eggs and fire crab shell. Haven’t moved since. It’s now 9:55. Does anyone know what exactly the “delay” is when it’s like this? It’s not weather, today is clear and sunny. Is it the animatronics? The bikes themselves? Anyone ever get a straight answer from a team member as to what causes such delays aside from weather? I got up at 4:00 am and drove 3 hours for a day trip but I would love my day to not be consumed by this “delay”
Update- 10:23 they announced lessons have started

Probably technical difficulties. I don’t think they ever go into details. Sorry you were delayed!

Please tell me that once the lessons started, you were able to ride!

Yes, within about 25 minutes I was on the ride! A lot of people had left the line by then and once they got started it went fast. Later, around 2:30 I went back in and they had just opened the single rider line and that time I only waited a total of 25 minutes so I’m pleased with how the day played out after the long morning.

3 Likes

Hello. I just got back from 2 1/2 days at Universal and thought I would share my Hagrid’s experience. Friday 1/10, we got to IOA at 8 am to wait in line. We were about 8 back. Gates opened early and we walked fast to Hagrids and never stopped! Got right on and was off a little after 9. Saturday, we did the same but were about 40 back. They announced Hagrids was going to have a delayed start but we said we would try anyway. Again, gates opened to the mad rushes early. We quickly walked back and were in the que stopped at 8:57 am. They announced a delayed opening but we were going to give it a little time. Not much after, we started moving and were off the ride at 9:25 am. This morning, (Sunday), We were at the taps by 8 and about 5 from the front. They opened the gates around 8:45, had a little snag with the people in front of us with incorrect tickets which put us behind a bit but just walked fast and like Friday, never stopped, and we were off the ride by at 9:02 am! It was fantastic!!!

11 Likes

Thanks for the reports! Two weeks to go so I am pondering my strategy - RD IOA and ‘walk with purpose’ to Hargid’s, or go to USF first and try to hit Hagrid’s at the 1:00 sweet spot. Leaning towards RD IOA now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for mentioning that the site link had Six Flags too. I’ve wanted that info. My local one is enough of a drive that I’d rather not go on a super-busy day.

Hagrid had a 3 hour delayed opening today due to cold weather. Rise is still down after 5 1/2 hours. New rides outdoors in first time cold weather always causes issues.

How “cold” was it?

Low 30s

1 Like

It has been cold in Florida. Cold enough that they had falling iguana warnings issued - when it gets too cold they cannot grip and fall out of the trees. They appear dead but are not and will scurry off shortly after hitting the ground.

It’s not just the 50s or 60s that make those of us from colder climates go “Aw, how cute that you think it’s cold.”

1 Like

I have never heard of this! How interesting!

Yep. It was in the news:

Same thing happened a couple years ago I think it was now.

Yes it was reported in UK news both times.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey, anyone know if much has changed since the last set of graphs in December? Hows the reliability of the ride looking these days?

Signs said the ride would be open late yesterday but I don’t know when it opened. I know that on Monday evening several trains were pulled off the track for an ad campaign and it may have taken time to put them back. Af 6:45 yesterday they were still allowing people on the ride.

Cool. Will have to do some tracking over the next few days, see if it’s still quieter in the afternoons. Just had a look and of course it’s down!