Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times

We were going to the ride even though it was posted closed. We have noticed it is not always accurate.

This may seem like a silly question but what does “At Capacity” mean in regards to wait time? Does that mean the queue is closed for the rest of the day?

We will be going to Universal Resort just after New Years. Based on updated early admission for December, it looks like there may be early entry to IOA but Hagrids is not included in the attractions. We had originally thought to rope drop Hagrids but not sure how to do so with early entry the hour before. Tips or thoughts for this scenario?

I think at this point I believe that Hagrids has an issue starting in colder mornings. Once again this afternoon the wait dropped to under an hour. I think the afternoon will save you time.

3 Likes

Yes it does. But…they do sometimes open it up after saying it was at capacity. At least they did in the first few months. I don’t know if they still do.

Today we arrived at IOA at 8:40 for a 9am open. They said Hagrid would have a delayed open, but we went straight back, walking slowly. When we got there, it was open and they said it had a 60 minute wait. In reality, we waited only 16 minutes!

7 Likes

That’s awesome! How long is your visit, are you planning to ride it again?

We are here for another 3 days and will definitely be riding again!

4 Likes

Thanks Rebeecky that gives me so much hope, you showed up at 8:40 and waited for 16 minutes? WOW that give me so much hope for next Sunday :slight_smile:

We are arriving at he hotel around 2:00 am from the airport, so we were debating what to do, wake up early (6:00 am) and go to rope drop the Hagrids and do some rides before going back to bed, or sleep in (8:00 or 9:00) and then go to the parks, but based on your experience so far, we could just sleep in and wake up at 8:00 am :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where does it fall in terms of motion sickness? FJ makes me the most sick, but Gringotts not much.

I got no motion sickness at all. My sister got a bit dizzy and she gets motion sickness on FJ. I personally feel that as a roller coaster, it’s less motion sickness inducing than either.

2 Likes

I feel like it was really a fluke, but best of luck no matter what you do!

3 Likes

I know I read on here that Hagrid tends to have a delay on colder mornings, do you remember if that’s the case in rain weather?

No idea. It hasn’t rained one drop since we’ve been here.

It was a rough week for Hagrid’s, punctuated by the ride going down at 2pm for good on 12/9 and mid-day outages on 12/5 and 12/6 that knocked out the usually reliable noon to 2ish time period.

hagrid_ridability_20191210

Those events seem to continue a trend of peak rideability times moving from early afternoon to mid-afternoon. If I were going to pick a time to jump in line at this point, I would pick 2pm.

5 Likes

Latecomer to the thread. I am planning to get in line at about 3pm on Friday.

Anyone know what my chances of a ride will be?

Based on the graphs, 3pm is a great time to join the queue with over 90% uptime and wait less than 100 min. However, don’t be much later than that as uptime drops off precipitously. Watch out for rain though - the ride will probably close if there’s rain or lightning.

2 Likes

Thanks! Good intel.

1 Like

We are finally here! We arrived at the hotel from the airport at 2 am, so our day started very slow. We entered Universal Studio’s gates around 12 PM, after 5 we took the train to Island of Adventure, We weren’t expecting to ride Hagrids today, but there was a 90 minutes wait, and I remembered when people of this forum were mentioning, that the posted time was always less. We entered the Queue at 6 PM and by 6:58 PM we were on the ride :stuck_out_tongue:

The ride was amazing, so smooth!!! and the transitions were unexpected, a very creative layout. My wife and I rode on the sidecar, we wanted to leave the best seats for the kids today.

Tomorrow we are waking up at 6:30 am and arriving at the gates around 7, we want to test rope dropping, I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

7 Likes

My brother and nephew went to Hagrid’s first thing this morning and the wait was only about 30 minutes.

3 Likes