Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times

Add me to the list of people looking forward to meeting you and thanking you in person!

3 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work! It’s given us a good idea of what to expect when we are there Dec 13, 14, 15. Good luck to you and have an amazing trip!

3 Likes

Thanks dunegirl for all your hard work tracking Hagrids!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much for these reports!!

1 Like

hagrid_uptime_waittime_20191204

Here is my attempt to follow in dunegirls footsteps. Left axis is Universal’s posted wait time at that time of day, while the right axis is the percent of days on which the ride was open and operating at that time. Caveats: this was during Thanksgiving week, so your results may vary. Also, it was my first attempt, so there may be some errors in formulas, etc.

In general though: The “sweet spot” continues to be around 1pm in the afternoon, although uptime has been increasing in the later afternoon, with not much longer lines. In particular 3pm has been a good time to join the queue. In an attempt to quantify this, I created a “rideability” score, which combines uptime and wait time into one metric*

Good luck to everyone riding this week!

• Formula is: (Inverse of wait time * percent of uptime for that particular half hour segment)
12 Likes

Thanks for continuing dunegirl’s work! Our trip isn’t until April, but I’m following closely (hoping it continues to stabilize with lots more uptime).

3 Likes

Love the “rideability” score idea! Expect my data when I get back home!

For my report for those not on chat: I rode on Monday 12/2. Got in line at 12:52pm (aimed for the 1pm sweet spot). Was off the ride and back outside the queue at 1:37! So it worked out great!

Was considering a second ride Tuesday 12/3, but Hagrid’s only opened after 1pm and we were leaving Uni for Disney by then. So it continues to have problems, but at least I got to ride once!

13 Likes

We will be there in Dec and are thinking to do the rope drop. If there is a delay in the ride opening, how early does it appear on the app?

I’m asking as we are staying at HRH and will have early entry at USF. We will be sacrificing early entry to attempt the rope drop at IOA

Thanks!

So glad to hear that your efforts paid off!

1 Like

That was a really short wait too! I’m glad you got to ride.

1 Like

It appears quite promptly on the app I think, but there’s no way of knowing if it’s a 10 min delay or a 3 hour one.

Happy that you were able to ride it dunegirl.!!! How was it for you?

It was amazing! I’m a bit of a chicken about coasters but having the motorbike handles to hang onto helped a ton. You can “lean in” to the turns as well just like you were driving a bike! So much fun! I’d say worth up to about a 60-90 min actual wait. Definitely worth the 35 I actually waited!!

3 Likes

dunegirl I’m happy you enjoyed it so much!

We are going to be there for 5 days this month, and are expecting to ride it at least once a day during rope drop, if we can ride it twice at least one or two of those days that would be great.

You guys have provided here amazing feedback, thanks.

Whoo hoo! I’m so happy to hear that. The data from this thread helped us get in line at the right time (or close to it) and it was one of the shared favourite rides so even though I wasn’t counting on it I’m really glad we got to ride it. And I’m delighted you did too, especially after all the stats crunching you did!

2 Likes

Good news: hearing Hagrid is now reaching 11 train ops and setting internal records. So outside of technical issues the ride should remain open later into the evening and open with the park more.

Now for them to get to replacing the dead trees…

5 Likes

We arrived at Universal today. When we first entered IoA the Universal app said Hagrids was closed. We then saw it was posted at 45 minutes. We headed that way and the posted time was 60. I timed the wait at 40. It is a great attraction.

8 Likes

How long after it was closed did it show 45 min?

I don’t know how long it had been closed for but we arrived at IoA and it was closed. We went on Spider-Man and started walking towards Hagrids when we checked it again. I think they posted 45 when it opened but we did not have a notification set. When we were in line the posted time changed to 90 and 75.

1 Like

Thanks! When I read it, I thought you were saying that the app showed it was closed, but you went anyway, and when you got to the line it was opened.