Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times

I’ve got 13 days to make a decision!! I have 4 kids. The youngest is 5 and small. I’m concerned about doing rope drop with all of the madness. I don’t want them getting trampled.

3 Likes

11:15–180 min.

@katmcdonald37 How long is your trip? And how much of a priority is Hagrid’s? Is it a must-do?

One thing that I think might help the rope drop craziness is to deliberately be somewhat to the back of the crowd by getting to IOA gates at 8:20/8:30. Reports are that those folks are still off the ride by 10:30/11, and it should be less chaotic than being at the front of the rope drop pack.

1 Like

11:55am - 150 min

Wednesday. Thanks!

1 Like

1pm—150 min

@dunegirl. We are there for 8 nights. 5 park days. The kids are adamant we do Hagrid. They fully expect to wait. 2 of my kids are Autistic so that is the one time I will let them bring Kindles. Otherwise that long of a wait will be bad!! I just have to decide between RD and waiting until the afternoon.

2 Likes

We’re trying this again! Got in line at 1:20 hoping to get into SR line. But SR line isn’t open. Yesterday the CM let people wait where the SR line branched off from the SB line. Today the CM isn’t allowing anyone to wait there and just says it’s the luck of the draw if you’re passing by when it opens. So we’re in the SB line. We brought lunch in from Panda Express so that gave us something to do in line for a bit!

1:40 - announcement that they’re experiencing delays. At first it said something about a short delay. But the third announcement said something about a continued delay. It’s listed as delayed on the app right now. Not sure how long we’ll stick it out.

2:30pm back up again! We lucked out and we were right next to the guy in charge of SR. He let us and about 5 other people in the line and then closed it again. The SR line goes across the bridge, inside the castle, down a flight of stairs and then directly into the final room. You miss the entire inside queue if you take SR. It’s definitely a slow moving SR line but from where we were (just before the bridge, still outside) it will definitely save us time today.

Oh, and, as usual, the CMs have/tell us very different info. DH had stepped out of line to go to the bathroom around 2:15 and when he tried to come back in line the CM said it was closed indefinitely. Seconds later, the CM working the SR line got word on his radio that the ride was up again. Just something to keep in mind.

Took about 40 min in SR line. Off the ride by 3:20pm. 2 hours start to finish with a 50 min technical delay. Better than yesterday! DH thinks he saw someone from the SB line that was only a bit in front of us who boarded the train behind him. So the SB line might not have been too much worse than SR but I can’t confirm that.

3 Likes

Weather looks favorable, good luck!

5:50pm - 180 min

If you ride single rider, do you basically always end up in the side car? I guess the other person you are assigned by could switch you spots but guessing they would choose motorcycle.

When the CM assigns spots, they instruct the single rider into “position 2” which is the side car. However, the guy I rode with today asked if he could ride in the side car since he had been on the bike yesterday and wanted to experience them both. So it can happen that SR will get the bike, but it depends on your riding partner. I wouldn’t count on it though. FWIW, I asked him how the two spots compared and he said they were similar but he was more uncomfortable in the side car. He was a short/average-sized guy too. They do have test vehicles outside the queue and in the last room. Larger/taller people may have trouble with the side car.

2 Likes

4/8–9am, 210 min

10am—210 min

11:10–210 min

1 Like

I would probably rope drop, then—nothing else is as much of a guarantee you’ll actually get to ride. Then if the kids want rerides you can try in the afternoons.

1 Like

Still 210 at noon. Let’s see if the 1:00 PM dip happens.

12:20–delayed :frowning:

1:30–150 min

3:50–closed

4:45–closed

5:45–closed

6:25–120 min

7–150

7:45–150

8:30–at capacity

1 Like

We rode this tonight, got in line at 645 and it said it was a 120 minute wait, which was really close. To me it was worth the wait.

1 Like

5/8–10:05, 210 min. No idea when it opened

11:15–210 min

Down to 150 @12:10

1 Like

2:10–100 min

3:05–100

5:45–delayed weather

6:55–120 min

7:45–120 min

8:30–closed

For @missoverexcited tomorrow, here’s the chart updated with data through yesterday:

Not much change from Saturday – looks like rope drop is still the best bet. I am interested to see what happens with the spike in uptime around 7pm going forward.

3 Likes