Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times

4:55pm - 180 min
5:15pm - 210 min
5:40pm - 180 min
5:50pm - 150 min

2 Likes

7pm—120 min

7:37pm - at capacity :frowning_face:

And a storm just blew in so I’ll be surprised if it stays open at all. Guess I’ll have another margarita!

2/8–9:15am, delayed

9:55–210 min

11:20–210 min

12:42pm delayed

1 Like

1:09pm - 210 min
We’re trying this! In stand by line now. They told us single rider is closed right now. The line is outside currently but I’m unfamiliar with the queue so I can’t tell how much farther we have to go before getting inside. I’ll update this post as we go

4 Likes

Good luck @schirm!!!

1 Like

1:19: at Hagrid’s hut now. Still a lot of outside queue left. Just passed the single rider break off but it’s still closed. The CM said they closed it 20-25 min ago. They made an announcement a few min ago saying there were some ride difficulties but the line is moving again. And we had a verbal fight break out when a woman tried to catch up with her family and two guys wouldn’t let her thru. A CM intervened and things are quiet now!

1:33 - line is shorter now - starts at the bend by Hagrid’s hut. They are intermittently letting people thru the single rider line. My kids haven’t killed each other yet. This is approaching the longest time we’ve waited in line our entire vacation, so we’re entering new territory!! :crazy_face:

1:40 - passed the drink/snack cart. Just let two more people thru SR line. Others waiting to be let thru. Starting to sprinkle!

1:47 - still on bridge - haven’t moved since last post. Another announcement about the bikes being finnicky. CM said they usually run 8 ride vehicles at a time and they’re running 5 right now.

1:54 inside!!

2:02 - thru pre-show. **Tip: head to the left side in the show room. The doors are on the left side to get you into the next queue. We went to the railing on the right side and lots of people got in front of us that way.

2:15 announcement - ride postponed due to inclement weather. Just looked at radar and it looks like a small storm passing thru so we’re waiting it out for now.

3:05 - still weather delayed - so much for a small storm! It apparently has stopped raining but the CM who just came thru the emergency exit said there is thunder and lightning within 5 miles. After it clears out, the techs have to check everything and then run the ride thru which could take 30 min. DH just ran out the emergency exit to go to the bathroom. Line has moved forward a bit due to people getting out of line. Kids are getting antsy!

5 Likes

2:07 - 180 min posted
2:17 - weather delayed
3:05 - still weather delayed

4:25–still weather delayed :confused:. You sticking it out still, or did you bail?

We stuck it out! They just announced that the inclement weather has cleared the area and they are doing technical checks before starting the ride. The radar still shows lots of rain and storms in the area but I guess the lightning is far enough away to start the ride up again.

4 Likes

5:25–I’m showing it reopen with 120 min posted. Hope it goes quickly for you now!

Yes! They just started letting in single riders to start queuing again. It looked like they’ve been testing ride vehicles for the past 15 min or so. But I’m short so I can’t see very much.

5:40pm - line finally moving! “Good news! Today’s lessons are back on schedule!”

5 Likes

This thread is support for my theory that all of the Orlando theme parks need to be constructed inside a bubble per Walt’s original plan for EPCOT.

3 Likes

Only if it’s an air conditioned bubble…ants under a magnifying glass come to mind otherwise.

2 Likes

I am dying to know how this turned out for you!!!

7:55–at capacity.

Sorry, my phone was down to 1% after that ordeal so I waited to give a final update once we got back to the hotel. The line moved quickly after that 5:40 announcement. I didn’t look at the exact time when we got on the ride but we were walking off at 5:59pm. Which meant about 15 min of moving/waiting after the ride re-opened. So that put us around 80 min of waiting while the ride was operational and 205 min of weather delay. My TP timed wait was 286 min - ugh! I never thought I’d ever wait that long for a ride!!
But, the ride was good (not 286 min of good though!) And it looks like around 1pm is a decent time to get in line if there aren’t storms anywhere nearby. My original plan was to grab lunch to eat in line around 12:30pm but DH decided that was too much to manage with 3 kids. I would definitely consider it if I was solo or with others who could carry their own food without spilling it everywhere!
Tomorrow is our last park day. We’re considering the single rider line but more thunderstorm are predicted (of course!) I’ll report back if we make it on again.
@Jeff_AZ - we were saying the same thing at dinner! Everyone would be a lot happier with all indoor air conditioned rides in FL!

6 Likes

It’s Saturday! – here’s the updated chart:

As ever, data is pulled from the TP site, and average posted wait times are on the left axis. The right axis has the percent of days on which the ride was observed to be open and operating at that particular time. One thing that I did change is that uptime percentage for times 6pm and later are only calculated based on the days since 25th July when we started observing the later closes. This means that times between 6pm & 8:30pm are not being ‘penalized’ for the ride not being open on days when Universal wasn’t yet trying to have the ride open that late.

Strategy-wise, not much has changed since last week. Rope drop is still your best option to guarantee that you get on the ride in a reasonable(-ish) time on any given day. Ride uptime drops after 11:30am, and only rebounds very briefly around 2pm before bouncing around between 45% and 75% for the remainder of the day.

Parties who can’t (or don’t want to) rope drop have a few options that I can see. First, if you have a long trip (I’d say, 3 days or more at IOA in the afternoon), you can try on multiple days around 1-2pm and be prepared to bail if the ride gets shut down for weather. With 3 or more days, you are likely to have success on one of them. Second, you can get in line around 1-2pm and just be prepared to wait out a potentially lengthly weather delay (as @schirm found yesterday!). Third, you could try waiting out the afternoon weather closure and then jumping in line in evening.

All of these strategies, however, present a higher risk of not actually being able to get on the ride. So I wouldn’t recommend them to any group that will feel like their vacation is incomplete without riding Hagrid’s.

@missoverexcited – when does the Universal portion of your trip start? I can try to update and repost right before for you.

3 Likes

Aug 3 - 8:55am - delayed
9:40am - 210 min

9:55 - we stopped by the ride to see about SR. The queue extends out to the street and has about 3 switchbacks before heading into the actual line area. At this point SB and SR are together. Further up the queue is where SR breaks off. We’ve decided to wait for now.

10:20 - when we left Hogsmeade after doing spells, the queue was all the way out of the Harry Potter area towards the train. Still posted at 210 min