Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times

I know I read on here that Hagrid tends to have a delay on colder mornings, do you remember if that’s the case in rain weather?

No idea. It hasn’t rained one drop since we’ve been here.

It was a rough week for Hagrid’s, punctuated by the ride going down at 2pm for good on 12/9 and mid-day outages on 12/5 and 12/6 that knocked out the usually reliable noon to 2ish time period.

hagrid_ridability_20191210

Those events seem to continue a trend of peak rideability times moving from early afternoon to mid-afternoon. If I were going to pick a time to jump in line at this point, I would pick 2pm.

5 Likes

Latecomer to the thread. I am planning to get in line at about 3pm on Friday.

Anyone know what my chances of a ride will be?

Based on the graphs, 3pm is a great time to join the queue with over 90% uptime and wait less than 100 min. However, don’t be much later than that as uptime drops off precipitously. Watch out for rain though - the ride will probably close if there’s rain or lightning.

2 Likes

Thanks! Good intel.

1 Like

We are finally here! We arrived at the hotel from the airport at 2 am, so our day started very slow. We entered Universal Studio’s gates around 12 PM, after 5 we took the train to Island of Adventure, We weren’t expecting to ride Hagrids today, but there was a 90 minutes wait, and I remembered when people of this forum were mentioning, that the posted time was always less. We entered the Queue at 6 PM and by 6:58 PM we were on the ride :stuck_out_tongue:

The ride was amazing, so smooth!!! and the transitions were unexpected, a very creative layout. My wife and I rode on the sidecar, we wanted to leave the best seats for the kids today.

Tomorrow we are waking up at 6:30 am and arriving at the gates around 7, we want to test rope dropping, I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

7 Likes

My brother and nephew went to Hagrid’s first thing this morning and the wait was only about 30 minutes.

3 Likes

All the park fanatics must be in line for RotR that early!

1 Like

We rope dropped the Hagrid this morning, At 7:00 AM we were at the gates, since we were the first in our turnstile, the lady decided to prescanned us before they let people into the park, and that gave us a needed advantage, because to my surprise people broke into a full sprint. The cast members were just saying once in a while, “don’t run” but not one care, is a good thing that we are in decent shape, because we had to work hard to keep up.

At the end we only had 4 people in front of us, but once we got to the end of the queue, they stop the front of the line from riding because the ride had problems, so before any one could ride it the ride had problems, I think by 9:15, they say the ride was good to go and we went on it :slight_smile:

It was as good as yesterday, so far two days at Universal Studios and a ride each day :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great job!

The app said Hagrids was 90 minutes, when we entered the queue at 1:20pm, we are testing the thesis that is usually 60 minutes, even though is posted 90 minutes, the other day that was the case for us. If this time is the same, I don’t think there is a benefit to show up at 7:00 AM for the rope drop.

I’ll edit this post with the actual time it took us

5 Likes

Oh! I can’t wait to see how long it is!

Forget about the 60 minutes, the line hasn’t movedl for a while, we are outside of the last room, but they haven’t announced the ride is down yet

Edit: actually I was wrong there was another room to go, so even if it didn’t temporarily stop it wouldn’t

have been 60 minutes

By 2:35PM we were out of the ride, great as before :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So how many minutes was the wait?

Edit: You said you entered at 1:20pm and exited 2:35 so I’m guessing about 70 minute wait?

I think 75, minus the 5 minutes non announced down time, that will be a 70 minutes wait, but you may get more data coming from us, my son is sad because he unintentionally stapled himself so hard in the seat that he said it hurt throughout the ride, so after we are done eating, we may do it again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We did it twice last week…once on Thursday posted as 90 mins but only took 40 mins (around 1 pm). Did it Saturday Posted as 120 mins and took about 50 mins (around 11am). The queue went much faster then our trip in August :slightly_smiling_face:. I love this ride!!!

3 Likes

Some more stats for the past two weeks of Hagrid’s. The story remains the same in most respects, however, large chunks of afternoon downtime on 12/9, 12/10, 12/13 and 12/16 would point to timing an earlier arrival.

On a more qualitative note:

• If you’re up for a gamble, rope drop has been successful for some forum members, and being at the front of the pack would reduce/eliminate the wait times seen in “official” numbers. Early morning uptime continues to be an issue, so if you’re unlucky, you may lose valuable time that could have been spent elsewhere.
  • There are reports on the UOR Lines app of Hagrids being open as late as 7:30pm. These openings are not reflected in the official Universal app, the UOR Lines app or these statistics (which draw from the UOR lines app). So if you’re in the area of Hagrids, even if it’s much past “typical” closing time, it might be worth a look.

hagrid_ridability_20191219

One big question is: Is Hagrid’s reliability getting better? I ran a comparison of the last two weeks analyses (they are overlapping). The answer I would say is: “No, it’s not.” If anything, the unreliability is getting harder to predict, with the normally “safer” early afternoon being hit with outtages. This is certainly a limited analysis though, it will be interesting to see if the trend continues.

hagrid_historic_20191219

5 Likes

Hagrids was at 120 minutes for a long time, we were at Universal Studios and it finally went down to 90 minutes, we took the train and entered the queue at 3:50pm, I’ll keep updating this to see if 90 minutes, really means 60

7:57 we are walking out of the ride, the last room went pretty quickly. The ride still feels amazing!!!

4:14 entering the building

Just talked to a cast member, she said they added more carts than a month ago, so now they can accommodate more people on the ride

4:47 last room

4:57 we are walking out of the ride, the last room moved very quickly, the ride still felt amazing!!!

5 Likes

Our last day at Universal, the ride finally went down to 90 minutes, we entered the queue at 11:44 AM

12:15 PM entering the building

12:42 Already half way into the last room

Sorry with the excitement of talking to my family about how good was the ride, I forgot to check the clock in the way out, so incomplete data but if it helps the last room moved very quickly

We are done with Universal, now is one day at SeaWorld and two at Busch Gardens, so no more reporting, thanks again guys for all of your help planning this trip!

5 Likes