TP Website Redesign - New Park Icons

I went through all the posts I see the new Epcot one, much better!

1 Like

nailed it! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I don’t think the two castles are clear which is which. In fact the DLR one looks like Disneyland Paris to me.

And I don’t understand the Epcot one at all - it looks a bit like the Imagination pavilion but too many triangles. Or the Universal ones, plus there seems to be an extra one in there.

Honestly I think actual photos would be better. Or have the park abbreviations on the icon. If I just came to the site I would be struggling with some, and the two castles would be lost on me. If you showed me both side by side I wouldn’t know which was which.

1 Like

Len’s example of how an icon will be used, shows it right next to the specific park name.

I think the cartoon-like icons give a new-age vibe. Actual photos are great, but for some things icons are just fun to use.

2 Likes

Ah, is that further down the thread? I just replied from the first post.

1 Like

Check around post 79 for updates.

2 Likes

So still not got very far through, but even after reading the explanations of Epcot I still don’t see it at all. My brain simply isn’t seeing that as Spaceship Earth, it still sees the pyramid of Imagination.

So a question. What are the park icons for? Are they for the tabs at the top of the page where people will select the park they want to read about / plan for? Or are they just to accompany a heading that says ‘“Disney’s Animal Kingdom”?

If the former I wouldn’t have a clue. If the latter then they just need to look pretty I guess. I still haven’t found Len’s post.

Is the compass one for the California Studios Park? That’s the only one I missed out I think. It looks like a Mickey head on a star.

OK, now I’ve seen the redesign and Len’s post. I see how they’ll be used and I like the WDW ones. The others don’t mean anything to me really but that’s OK if I don’t have to recognise them.

But in the MK example, Isn’t that the wrong castle? It’s the one from the bottom line which I thought was for DL.

1 Like

It is for California Adventure. One of the biggest “weenies” in this ark is the Mickey’s Fun Wheel with Mickey on it. That is what the icon represents.

4 Likes

So, that explains it. I didn’t know what the symbol was for.

1 Like

I thought the very same thing! It looks more like teepees or camping at first glance.

1 Like

That’s much better!

On a related note, we’re trying to encourage new Liners to enter wait times when they’re in the park.

For the purposes of informing users “Hey, we’re really appreciate it if you clicked here to time your wait”, how does the proposed design on the left, compare to the current version on the right?

We’re trying to come up with a way to say that, that will fit in the space provided. I’m not sure “Help us track” is the optimal set of words. Suggestions are welcome.

6 Likes

I think that new design will help a lot of users. “How do I submit wait times” is a common chat question. If you click on that does it still tell you when to stop the timer?

10 Likes

I think that is ideal language, can’t think of anything better.

3 Likes

I like it. I’ve always wanted to track but felt intimidated by the possibility of entering incorrect information. The more you can dumb it down, the better :smile:

5 Likes

The new version looks great! As @PrincipalTinker said “how do I time waits” is a very common question.

1 Like

Like this? Currently, it tells you after you select “standby” or “LL” and after you start the timer.

1 Like

I LOVE the new layout. It’s much easier to find the timing button than in the previous iteration, because of its placement near what you’re already looking at (wait time).

For verbiage, I think the old language “Time Your Wait” was concise and clear.

I wonder if somewhere in the programming you could ask users if they would like a pop-up reminder? And turn it on for the day only those people who say yes?

6 Likes

“Help Track Wait Times” or just “Help Track Waits”.

I think “Time Your Wait”, as @OBNurseNH said, works well.

3 Likes