Touring plans -help me review ~

can you explain the AK plan a bit… have no idea what half the things on this are lol

1 Like

I can, going out to eat now, can go through it piece by piece in a bit. Love AK.

Discovery Island Trails are awesome, they have a lot of animal exhibits to explore and it kills some time on the way back from Kilimanjaro to avatar b4 FP window. I added Valley bc the whole Avatar area is top notch as far as disney theming goes and u would have some time to explore, going with my plan. Worth not “running” through. Oasis exhibits are kinda cool. To get to ur first ride with little wait, ull wanna skip through all of the people winding through when u enter and see it later. Could skip this if u want but i think ull have the time. The jungle trek is another animal exhibit, u can modify the time spent there, but its on the way and something u should visit, again, u have time with my plan, and ur right there. Up is a bird flight show, gets you off ur feet. They’ve changed the name but its still a pretty school show. AK is about the animals. This is a demo type thing. A big thing I added was the wildlife station “up north”. They have awesome things there, baby animals, cool interactive exhibits and a petting zoo. Wouldnt spend hours there but an hour is worth it. Also, sit in the front seats of the train, much cooler. Gorilla Falls is kinda on ur way out of Rafikis. Its a cool exhibit walk through. I cut back the time spent, its adequate. Cut back the time in boneyard, uless u have very small children and want to spend a lot of time watching them dig in sand, 10 mins is more than enough. We skip this but my kids are grown and u have time. Give it a looksee. If u like rides, primeval whirl is fun, its a spinning car track ride. Wouldnt wait 40 mins for it but 20, yes. If u like the Aladdin carpets and dumbo flying elephants, then ull like triceratops spin, same concept, different theme. Short wait, ur right there, give it a go. As far as doing Dino later, which is one of my FAVS, Ive never had a problem getting a same day FP, u can adjust the time if the availability is later, u have some time after dinner. I put discovery island trails twice becuase ur going in the middle of summer weather. Animals around there are less active from say 11 - 5, not all but I know ull have different animal interaction in the late afternoon than late morning. And u have time, cant hurt to walk through and see it a hit different. Lastly, tree awakinging is a short “oh, look”. But the valley in Avatar comes to life with color after dark. Its amazing to take a stroll through. Hope this helps. Let me know if I missed something or didnt explain right, lol. That happens too.

2 Likes

I was also going to add that @WImom, if you’re not working from a computer or from the mobile website (instead of the Lines App) to plan, try it. The full website will give you a little map of the park at the bottom of the page with your plan steps labeled on it so you can see where everything is on the map. The Lines app TP maker doesn’t have that I don’t think. Might make it easier to know where your ride order has you crisscrossing the park :smile:

2 Likes

ty drv ~ will take a look at re-doing tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

ty WL - yes i figured that out yesterday and i brought up maps as I was retweeking my plans - helps lol

1 Like

ok drv - ive reworked through day 4 - if you can take a look at my epcot day- 5, see if there are any tweeks, that would be appreciated!

1 Like

Id be happy to. Get back with u tomorrow.

@WImom So far I’ve reviewed day 1, MK. It looks really good, looks like you’ve maximized your time well. The only thing I would definately change is putting Peter Pan back to your first ride. I does add a bit of additional walking but not much. You have a lot of free time available. For me, its not worth a 44 min wait. I would leave the time after BBB open for pictures, etc. But b4 BBB, you may want to think of adding Winnie the Pooh and (only if you like them) Mad Tea cups. You’re right there and have free time. If you wanted to put Splash back in there, i would after Big Thunder or after Tom Sawyer. Could save for another day but you’re doing most of Frontier and Adventureland. That would be the only ride left to do in the area. Do yall like the shows (country bear/tiki?).

@WImom AK day look great. U have some time after gorilla falls before Nemo but youll probably spend more time at Rafikis planet watch, we always spend more than what touring plans figures so youll eat into some of the free time. I wouldnt change a thing. Id put a note after youve tapped in at your 3rd FP, to start looking for Dinosaur FPs.

Your AK advice is helping me too – it’s our longest stretch of time planned for any of the parks or days but I’ve been having a hard time fitting everything in. Thank you!

1 Like

@WImom I moved a few things around for EP day, saves waiting time for Test track, also everyone is in line to meet Anna and Else after rope dropping FEA. I moved to after lunch, added 90 mins for that (popular and ur going at the start of peak lunch time), puts a few things together that are in the same “Land” and added in the countries for Agent P. You dont have to do all of the countries. U can do 1 or all. I would play that by ear. Since you dont have a dinner scheduled in there, may I suggest grabbing quick bites at some of the countries in Agent P? Just to hold u over till FEA Desert Party. I eliminated the second Mission Space. Green and Orange are the same, orange being a little more intense in movement. If u want the more intense, see if u can modify ur green to orange. Its just Ok in my opinion. I added the sees becuase when u walk out of nemo and crush, the tanks will be there, ull end up stopping and looking, might as well make sure theres some time allocated. See screen shots for my recommendation.

1 Like

Thank you! Ive always found AK to be a full day. When I make a touring plan, I add everything and the “organize”. Im ok with deleting stuff that just doesnt fit and isnt a must do.

HS day, I think ull have to play by ear. Ur morning looks good. Not sure how wait times ans SWGE is going to effect it. I would olay it by ear, expect wait times, and after the headliners, just experience whatevers close. The rest of the stuff has very low wait times.

ty! will look at tonight!

1 Like

If u have any questions, let me know!:grinning: