Totally new to UOF, need help, sending Husband and kids alone

I am sorry to ask such a broad question. My husband is taking our oldest 2 (15 and 13 to Universal next week! I am such a planner I am nervous. I have them booked at Royal Pacific Club Level so they have Express Pass and breakfast. (My way of not worrying as much.) I am trying to research, but am not feeling very confident about any of it. I always plan our WDW vacations in detail so this is very uncomfortable for me.
Would anyone be so kind as giving me a run down of what I/they need to know?
As I said it is DH 40, DS 15 and DD 13. Staying in PRP club level June 22 - June 26.
Thanks for any help you can give me, especially in the world of VLE
Thanks again

They will have a blast! Do they need to activate tickets? There is a window in the lobby to do that.

I have stayed at RPR a couple of times, the last time in the CL in December. The rooms might be on a floor other than the lounge.

We went to the parks early after grabbing drinks and a light breakfast. Reports are that everything is prepackaged right now.

We went for breakfast, afternoon snacks (my sister loves crustables) and a early dinner. The food was very good. Beer and wine were available and mix drinks could be charged to the room.

Desserts came out later but were limited. There were cookies at night.

I love the walk to the parks but you can take the water taxi too. There is a dedicated security setup on entrance to city walk and I have never found a line. If you take the water taxi, security is before you load.

Do you have any questions?

2 Likes

Thank you. That helps.
What attractions does not have Express Pass? That they will need to be sure to get the virtual thing for?

1 Like

Hagrids! Honestly, that is the only one they need to try for!

4 Likes

Also they have 4 days of park to park. That should be plenty of time to see everything and still go back to the room for some breaks right?

1 Like

Express pass is amazing! You do not need to plan. I honestly just make a list of what I want to do. You need pockets for phones, anything else on most rides (no bags). You cannot carry anything onto Hulk or Rip Ride Rockit (lockers)

5 Likes

Four days is great! There is a nice pool but they can visit other resorts and pool hop too.

4 Likes

sounds fun, and relaxing compared to WDW (which I love but they think I am nuts). Also perfect for a couple of teens and my husband.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I am feeling so much better.

1 Like

I would have your husband browse through the food options/reviews in the parks. Some places are not great. Many people just go to CityWalk for most meals. Would be good to have a general feel on where and where not to eat.

2 Likes

Good idea they are picky eaters

I don’t know what they will do for food at the club but the food was very, very good. We were not looking forward to some choices, but we were wrong .

2 Likes

It was mentioned, but I want to strongly reiterate that Universal is pretty strict about bring anything on the rides. They make you get a locker at the majority of the rides. The free lockers are so tiny and the larger lockers are $2 each use.

Cargo shorts are such big help, even if not fashionable.

Also, with the new VLP system you can book multiple rides on Hagrid’s, and all the other rides, on the same day if each person uses their own phone. Your party of 4 can ride 4 times if you jump on the phone right when the park opens - unless Rise of the Resistance where you can only get 1 ride.

1 Like

I thought VLP was not used if you had express pass? I cannot think of any attraction (other than Hagrids) without express pass?

1 Like

I just included the “and all the other rides” for anyone else reading. :smiley:

I was just trying to illustrate how to get multiple rides on Hagrid

2 Likes

Think of Express Pass as replacement for planning. It is like having an Anytime Pass for all the rides that take it. I haven’t been since the reopening, but for the rides with both Express and Virtual passes, Express Pass people get in the same line as Virtual Pass people. They just show their Express Pass instead.

3 Likes

As are fanny packs! I cannot imagine going to the parks without my fanny pack. :heart:

3 Likes

My sister HATES my fanny pack…she thinks it is great for me, but she hates it!

1 Like

I am seriously considering the fanny pack. Any good brands you can recommend? Also how much can you fit in there. I’m hoping for phone, sunglasses (to stow for rides) different cards like hotel key, ID etc and mainly the portable battery charger for our phones.

This is the brand that was recommended on touring plans chat:

It was perfect. I think this was the size I bought?

1 Like