Topic J27

I am as shocked as everyone else by this turn of events. I hadn’t really been checking in over the weekend, so this was, to put it mildly, unexpected.

As most of us are aware, @profmatt has been, for the most part, an absolute joy here for most of us. Following along his trips, his quick wit, etc, is something many of us looked forward to. Perhaps he’d drift a little off course now and again, but whatever. Who doesn’t?

The situation that is presumed to let to this seems to be from a case of oversensitivity. It might be safe to say something Matt said was drifting into uncomfortable territory for some, it was clear that he meant no ill-will at all. It pains me that he’s been banned. It pains me more to think how this might impact him, personally.

I, for one, would want him to be re-instated.

He went on a trip in December to help him get over some personal depression, and had the time of his life. It seemed to have helped. But to have this happen now would, if I were him, undermine everything.

So, as an act of solidarity, I suggest we all continue to participate in this thread. A thread he clearly started to continue his efforts to have fun and spread the joy of Disney.

Of course, that means $25,000 is a lot to figure out how to spend! So, high level, I think I’d look at this:

1. Need to pay for gas and hotels for drive there and back. That generally amounts to about $600.
  2. I’d stay on property at a Deluxe resort. Maybe the Contemporary part of the time (2 bedroom). I’d want to stay a couple weeks.
    3, I’d definitely splurge and get the Deluxe Dining Plan for our entire group.
  3. I’d probably pay for several dessert parties and a couple of After Hours events.
  4. Lots of souvenirs!
12 Likes

Yes that’s true.

I was trying to err on the side of hopefulness. But if one is unable to live to be 1050, you can consider that he is banned :disappointed:

2 Likes

Methuselah only made it to 969, so it doesn’t seem too promising.

1 Like

Perhaps an @profmatt Animatronic would help?

Hoping the “banned until 3019” was a typo .

I am a pretty frugal gal, but the thought of spending a full month at WDW, trying every table service restaurant, is highly appealing. We would need to have at least a 1 bedroom set up to accommodate the 3 of us. I think any deluxe would do.

I always wanted to do the special tours and the Halloween party. Don’t think we need a plaid, because I would hope to go during a somewhat slower period (hitting both autumnal parties).

Any monies left.would be converted.into pins.And purses.

1 Like

I am a mostly-lurker and sometimes-poster. I am super-duper liberal, don’t believe in a higher power, and have very severe mental illness stemming from a really bad childhood, so I relate to online communities feeling supportive and real.

@profmatt seemed like someone I could be friends with. Like, genuine, talk-til-we’re-tired friends. It is painful that someone can be banned without warning by someone who didn’t voice concerns until s/he rage quit. This makes me furious.

I hope that it is resolved soon, but these things rarely are. More importantly, I hope that Matt feels he can come back, and when he is reinstated, sees all these tagged messages of support for him. We all say stupid things. If no one tells us what we’ve said is stupid, how are we supposed to know? Banning is not the answer.

6 Likes

I’m going shorter for more money, with my family of 4…
8 nights renting a poly bungalow $17,600
(Since there is some extra space, I’ll tell the grandparents they can join us, but they gotta cover their own expenses)
4x Backstage magic tour $1200
Dinner at V&A Chef’s table for four $1500
We have APs, so I’m cheating there
Plane tickets $900
Minnie van rides every day $800
The rest for food and a Dole whip to Matt

1 Like

You guys are all great, but I truly come here everyday to see what @profmatt has posted. He’s by far my favorite personality on these boards (followed closely by @OBNurseNH, @Randall1028, @missoverexcited, and @ryan1). If he’s banned for good, I vote we all find another place where can communicate with him. Can anyone reach him and tell him someplace else to “meet” us?

Also,

Poly Villas until the money is gone. I may not even make it to the parks.

10 Likes

He’s on Lines chat and Instagram. And thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks! I hope this all gets straightened out soon. I’m sure Matt would never intend to offend, insult, or injure anyone.

1 Like

Well…if we all get $25,000 we could club together and rent out MK for the day, starting price $180,000, so as long as we get 7+ people…it’s ours!! :grin::wink:

4 Likes

Now that’s a good idea!!

1 Like

I know right!
Why do you have a shield next to your name lovey…is that New?

Here where I’m at so far. Going during spring break so peak. Using rack rate estimates:
For 3 of us first class flight Milwaukee=2000
5 nights AoA suite=3500
4 nights Contemporary club level=4000
7 day park hopper=1750
1 water park day=150
DDP 9 days=2025
Extra CL FPP=600
WAT=450
FEA and HEA dessert parties every night=1300
F! And star wars extras=500
Minnie vans=500
Tips=1000
This puts me at around 17750 so the balance would be blown on shopping at DS and the parks, over priced beer and etcetra

1 Like

It’s a staff badge - I’m a moderator, with Principal Tinker

3 Likes

That is a good idea, didnt even think about that type of options

1 Like

Is that a modern day gladiator?! :joy:
Nice one!! :+1:

1 Like

We can share…sharing is good! :wink:

1 Like

Haha you might be right!

1 Like

That is ridiculous. @profMatt is the only reason half of us non-trip going people hang around. I see him getting hammered all the time by about three really awful people in this forum. I do not see him reciprocate.

7 Likes