Topic J27

Easy. Bring husband and daughter. Stay in a deluxe for the first three nights, just to say we did it. Then stay in a mod (POR?) with hoppers for each day. DDDP, the VIP Elephant safari thing, and stay until the money runs out. I’d fly economy, JetBlue.

2 Likes

Week long trip. Don’t care where I stay, but I want a plaid everyday I am in the parks and add every dessert party, party, and DAH they offer.

Six people, flights from Minneapolis ~ $1800
Four nights at the Poly, two standard rooms during value season - $4416
Six nights at Beach Club, - $5678
Seven day park hoppers - $2810
Standard dining plan - $3579
Tips ~ $400
Souvenirs ~ $600
DAH x 2 (MK, AK) - 1596
EMM DHS - 454
MK fireworks dessert party - $436
Behind the seeds tour - $148
Memory Maker - $169

I think that gets us to around $22,000. (Let me know if I made a math error in there somewhere.)

Can we use any of this for Universal? Because if so I’d get two-day park-to-park tickets with express pass for one of those days.

If anything’s left I’m getting the kids Harry Potter wands, buying lunch at Universal each day, and buying drinks at Trader Sam’s and Abracadabar for the adults on two separate nights.

1 Like

Ok i figured it out 30 days at AOA family suite for me and DW. I know why a big room for 2 people long stay has to be at a value and I want a couch to sit on not a bed. DDDP and I know you said no AP but more than 14 days is more expensive than a AP. Plus AP comes with MM and added discounts so we could probably do 40 - 45 days.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m out. Has nothing to do with the “going ability” for the ap for me. I’d need the pass discounts and percs for “fantasy” trip.

I am curious, what are those perks?

Heh, off the top my head: short line at entry :slight_smile: annnnd the ability to have a trip longer than 10 days without needing to rebuy tickets while there(though probably don’t need to do that).

1 Like

Me and DD 10: first 2 weeks of December. 3 nights Riviera studio tower, 3 nights WL, 3 nights AKL, 3 nights YC, 1 night Pop, 1 night Portofino at UOR. Every DAH event, every dessert party, every restaurant I’ve ever wanted to eat at, every treat, every MVMCP, the holiday show at Hogwarts, all the water parks. Or can I move to Orlando and go to the parks every day for a year?

Thanks @hmbhmbhmb I also want all the merchandise! All of it!!! but really would it be as much fun as scrimping and saving you say…yes, yes it would!!!

1 Like

I’d stay in the Grand Floridian, then move to Yachtclub so I can experience Stormalong Bay, have dinner at the Yachtsman, snack at Beaches and Cream, do a VIP day at each park, definitely do Behind the Seeds. Do another day at each park with all the tours (I’m looking at you, Wild Africa Trek) and desert parties. Oh and I wouldn’t do any of it until Galaxy’s Edge opens. Which means, finish off the trip with a few days added on to stay in the new Star Wars hotel… club level, of course,

As for purchases, yeah, well Disney Springs, here I come. I’ll be looking for some high end jewellery, maybe a Mickey watch with diamonds?

Now, after all that, if there’s still some left over, would it count to do a Land and Sea and go on a 7 day Disney cruise? I’d love to do a MerryTime cruise.

2 Likes

So, am I correct in assuming this means Profmatt is now planning another trip with a $25,000 budget and is looking for new ideas of what to do?

4 Likes

If Adventures by Disney is allowed, then I’d do:

China (12 days, ~$9,000)
Peru (9 days, ~$5,000)
S. Africa (10 days, ~$10,000)

That leaves me $1,000 for airfare to all three destinations, which is not a lot. But if I’m airfare-savvy, use travel rewards and credit card points wisely (for example, it looks like the 2% travel rewards I’d earn after booking those three trips would more than pay for a RT ticket to Beijing), book at juuuust the right time, and travel in and out of Seattle rather than my home airport, I could probably squeak in right at the $25,000 mark.

Edit: Just realized that some dates for Peru go as low as $4,700, so that gives me an extra $300 of wiggle room. Which I will probably need, since I’d be traveling solo and it turns out that all the above prices are based on double occupancy . . . :thinking:
But that extra expense can probably be offset by opening a new travel credit card with a really good sign-up bonus, so I’m not too worried. I can make this happen.

3 Likes

I thought you should all know: at this time Profmatt will not be able to respond to your lovely replies. His membership has been suspended. Any of you who are around here much will be as upset by this as I am. For now, I am hoping that a misunderstanding will be clarified and he will be reinstated.

6 Likes

holy crap! I thought you were kidding until I rolled over his profile. :exploding_head:

WHAT?!?!?! Ok, there goes a good part of my reason for checking in on the forums each day. Seriously, that is so wrong.

1 Like

Apparently, he’s in a cocoon inside a Saarlac. Because the counter makes it look like he’s been suspended for 1000 years.

1 Like

OK, I’m not going to try to get around the rules. I would take my wife and 2 daughters. I may ask my sister an her husband and daughter if they wanted to go or not. Not sure if they would.

I have never stayed in the Contemporary. I would like to stay in as nice of a room as they have. If that’s club level, let’s do that. My wish would be to stay for 10 days, but not sure if the budget would allow that.

I figure my 10 day tickets would cost around $2k for 10 days. That leaves me $23k left. I would want to go when it isn’t a Billion degrees, so I would be going around November- December time frame. Maybe I could go toward the end of October and go to MNSSHP and also MVMCP. I’ve been to one MVMCP party and hopefully will be going to another this year, but haven’t been to a MNSSHP. Let’s do both. That’s another $1k. That leaves $22k. I figure the I just looked up the Contemporary and would do the 1 room Bay lake suite club level at $1,452 a night. Eleven nights = ~$16k. That leaves $6k for food, souvenirs, etc. With that, I may do some dessert parties and maybe dinner at CRT.

I drive so don’t need airfare. I think I will only need at most $100 for gas roundtrip.

1 Like

I’m not sure I saw where any post he made was inappropriate, except for the one he said he was annoyed at Len. And in that post, he said he wasn’t really annoyed and it was clickbait. I may have missed something though. I hope he is reinstated. I really enjoy his posts.

1 Like

For me it would be a 10 day trip, Grand Floridian two bedroom villa, deluxe dining plan, Keys to the Kingdom tour and lots of shopping at DS.

I’m wondering if it’s from that post that had some really strange conversation I will not repeat. There was more than just him involved though. The whole situation is strange.