Topic J27

2 Likes

Can we do 4 trips over a period of time?
Can we use the $25k for transportation to WDW if we don’t like to fly? (if so I’ll buy a new car and drive)
Can I use the money to rent a ECV? If I can use the money to rent one why not just buy one?

1 Like

No. One trip.

You’re not allowed to have any assets at the end of the trip. Unless they’re made by Disney.

Yes. But you can’t buy one. Unless Disney makes them.

You can have people carry you around on a sedan chair, if Disney offers such a service.

2 Likes

Can we purchase an annual pass as our tickets?

1 Like

You took all the fun out for me. :frowning_face:

Made or sold? Because they sell a lot of stuff they don’t make.

1 Like

You people are constantly trying to get round the rules. No. Unless your plan is to go every day for a year.

1 Like

OK. Fair point. Sold by. You can have a Dooney and Bourke ECV.

3 Likes

The rules said nothing about going every day during the trip.

1 Like

Well, you don’t have to go every day. But I’m not having people ripping me off and just buying themselves annual passes and Lexuses.

3 Likes

That would be like putting lipstick on a pig. I’m not flash fancy.
Getting back to the buying a car what if it is a minnie van?

1 Like

I’m not buying you a Minnie Van.

3 Likes

I’m of two minds. If vacation time from the job was of no concern, I think I’d do 3 weeks — one week at the YC (water view), one week at AKL, and one renting DVC Poly (sorry, Matt).

If I could only get away for a shorter amount of time, I would 100% rent one of the bungalows at the Poly for a week (with maybe a few days of savannah view at AKL tacked on).

And for either option, I’d do all the extra tours (keys to the kingdom, WAT, boat rides), HEA dessert party like at least 4 times, and I’d book a dinner at V&A for sure. I’d probably do all the dessert parties. I’d like to think I’d do all the signature restaurants but it turns out my stomach is not super good at consuming THAT much food.

And I would probably buy a whole lot of souvenirs. T-shirts and jammies and mugs and tchotchkes galore. Because why not.

I wonder how much I’m up to. Think I’ve hit the $25k limit yet?

2 Likes

That’s within the rules. You can go when you want.

People planing solo trips have a distinct advantage.

1 Like

I’d probably take my friend (who used to be my boss and who is essentially my surrogate father), and since we don’t share a room, that would significantly up the housing cost.

Though if I rented DVC two-bedroom villas (which we’re doing in November!), that stretches the dollars a bit. And those bungalows have a ton of space.

1 Like

Is 3 weeks a long trip then it would have to be at a value.
2 weeks at All star movies for 2 people with DDDP, park hopper plus and Magic Maker comes to less then $7300.

1 Like

Even 2 weeks at copper creek with DDDP, PHP and MM is $16,500.

1 Like

Did you recently watch Brewster’s Millions?

3 Likes

2/3 weeks over Easter, I’d take another family and my brother and his soon to be wife. French quarter, Universal, and then finish with BC or AKL. But I know the rules don’t allow Universal and I’d want to take advantage of the free dining offer for the whole stay so probably BC for as long as money allowed, or maybe a moderate for longer.

1 Like

2 weeks my ma and I at the Grand Floridian in those cute little rose garden bungalows, or Club level. A desert party at MK to avoid crowds, AH at each of the parks, club level FPP.
Then two weeks each in the other disney parks! Tokyo Disney Sea anyone??

Using some numbers based on current trip and making some assumptions -

DH, myself, DD6 and DD4 (at time of trip)

10/27-11/9

Airfare - 1300
Split stay with Park Hopper tickets for every day
Deluxe dining plan

3 nights at AOA finding nemo suite - 4152.82
6 nights Wilderness lodge Bunk bed nature view - 7130.98
3 nights Animal Kingdom Lodge bunk bed Savanah View - 4150.26

Memory Maker - 169
Tips - 1000
EMM MK -296
EMM TSL - 296
HEA dessert party - 220
FEA dessert party - 252
MNSSHP 10/31- 490
MVMCP - 400 (based on last years pricing and adding some on for increase in price)
Epcot Seas Adventures – DiveQuest 358

Airfare for grandparents x3 - 900
AoA Suite for grandparents w park hopper tickets and DDP for 3 nights - 3738.58

Though I am still sure I could stretch this money even further if I could buy APs :wink:

1 Like