Top of the world tower reopening!

I think the argument could be made that even if you take TOWL out of BLT you are still going to need that elevator, etc for which your dues pay. I suppose you could argue minimal increase to wear and tear (that space doesn’t hold that many people or see the traffic that, say, Cali Grill would see), but I’m not sure it would net you a ton of dues impact

I don’t believe they do. I think this was discussed elsewhere.

On most nights, just show up provided you’re an eligible member

On the two (or is it 3) first opening nights, you’ll need a hard ticket to enter the space in addition to being an eligible member.

1 Like

I guess if they’re bored and have nothing better to do.

Very easily, actually. The area manager of the Wave was - and I’d bet the new area manager of Steakhouse 71 is - responsible for Top of the World. I’d lay odds Food and Beverage pays DVC rent for the space, and they collect the revenue from the bar and food sales. DVC’s fiduciary responsibility requires it to price that rent to include the cost of security, wear and tear, use of common facilities, et cetera. In other words, exactly like common area maintenance works for commercial leases in the wider world.

1 Like

This was just posted from DVC Fan

• in response to paid for by maintenance fees

I can find no specific mention of TOWL

Exactly

1 Like

One more question for clarification, is the lounge considered the entire roof and observation deck? It’s obviously been a while since ive been up there, but what if you just byob and head on up to the roof. It’s not the lounge that’s the appeal to most folks i would think, but rather the observation area.

In simplest terms, yeah. The entire thing is only accessible by the elevator which is guarded by a CM.

Unwashed masses can’t access the BLT roof at all.

If you wanna lounge on a roof… best bet would be to climb the stairs on the A-Fame building and then hang out. (you MIGHT be able to take the elevator, but I’ve never tried).

1 Like

You aren’t allowed into the elevator if you don’t have proof of (now eligible) membership. So no not possible. The whole area is the lounge, just as (for example) Dahlia Lounge has an indoor and an outdoor space

1 Like

Know anyone who has successfully done this?? :wink:

2 Likes

Some nutjob.

3 Likes