Too many Ads!

Is anyone else getting 2 - 3 ads covering up the topics.

I accepted the one ad being used earlier in the year. I hate it as I’m a paid subscriber and it messed with my browser / gets in my way.

For the last few days I’m now get 2 - 3 ads on the page covering up topics or making it seem like there are only 2 - 3 topics when there’s a dozen below the ad.

Before I take it any further with TP I wanted to see if it was only me.

Thanks!!

When I even go look at this page it’s a bunch of ads & a video!!

1 Like

I don’t get any ads as a paid subscriber. Wondering why you are!

4 Likes

It’s been going on for months and it keeps getting worse! I don’t want to “summon” Len with a mention if I don’t have to. However, if it’s just me then I need it fixed! :crazy_face: :rage: :rofl:

1 Like

You shouldn’t be getting ads at all. I would invoke Len. Other than when they were FIRST launching ads and trying to tweak it to only apply to non-subscribers, I have never had any ads on the forums.

3 Likes

I’m not seeing ads like that as a paid subscriber.

2 Likes

Thanks! I guess it’s time to ask for help!

I’m wondering if it’s because I’m a Universal subscriber and not a Disney subscriber??!!??

Maybe? I’m a Disney subscriber.

1 Like

@david will help with this.

1 Like

Ah. That could be. It might be punishment for abandoning Disney! :wink:

2 Likes

Hmmm. Let me add a Disney subscription to you and see if that helps. One sec.

4 Likes

Okay, refresh the page @darkmite2 and let me know if the ads go away, please.

I have calls from 11 to 4, so might be a second before I respond.

4 Likes

I appreciate you addressing this. I still get a banner ad at the top & bottom of the page and videos that are playing even as I reply now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 Likes

Plus, I’m often getting double posts for the same reply. Is that ad related??

When I refresh it either goes to one reply or sometimes is still the same reply twice… :man_shrugging:

Does it matter what browser or device you are using?

2 Likes

Yeah, this is weird. My ad blocker says there are no ads on this page.

@darkmite2 Can you try another browser and see if it still happens?

2 Likes

IIRC when this happened a while ago to a lot of us some people had to have their username changed to fix it.

2 Likes

It does seem to be a Chrome issue. I do have this issue on all my devices (Android Phone, Chromebook, PC)

When I use IE on my PC the ads are gone…

If I need to clear my cache, cookies or whatever to use Chrome I’m glad to do it. No rush! The ads are annoying, but I still have functionality.

1 Like

It’s been a couple hours and now the ads are gone! Thanks Len & everyone that took time to assist and provide suggestions.

It had gotten a bit crazy!

3 Likes

Ahhh, thank you for that. I appreciate the feedback on Chrome, too.

Also, thanks for putting up with me and this site for 10 years. I appreciate the support.

6 Likes

That really means a lot to me! I’ve been an active & outspoken supporter for so long! I know I’ve sold at least 10 Touring Plan subscriptions in my tenure - probably more. (At least 1 per year - when the parks are open :wink:)

People always ask for my WDW planning tips. TP has been my #1 tip and place I send people to every time!

I still remember my first time using TP. We were at MK. We, literally & truly, would get to the attractions right when TP predicted and exit right when it said we would. It was awesome! My wife had more fun watching me marvel at how accurate the plan was than the rides!!

I’ve been a subscriber ever since! (And I added Universal when I broke out of the Bubble in 2018!)

4 Likes